JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sent this to the Multnomah County Board of Commissioners:

As a result of your new, incredibly ill-conceived county gun legislation I wanted to let you know that from this point forward I'll be avoiding Multnomah County whenever possible. That includes travel, dining, conventions, shows, vacations, shopping, and social functions. There was little enough to attract me to downtown Portland to begin with, but you have now expanded that lunacy to the whole county. From now on, if a product is not sold in some other county, or on line, then I don't need it. Congratulations on alienating half the population of Oregon. I'm sure that's quite alright with you, though, since that's the half that you believe doesn't matter anyway. We shall see.

Katrina, Dorner, NYC, Chicago, California, Fast and Furious, ect....now Boston. And why would I think that Multnomah LE would be any different. Why is it bashing when the facts are heavily laid against them?

And please tell me why i should have such a blanket trust that LEO will rather do the right, moral and Constitutional thing when they have those proven track records of not doing it?

I didn't say you should have blanket trust. I merely think you could give individual officers the benefit of the doubt. It is the broad brush painting of entire groups that leads to all gun owners being condemned as "nuts".

I didn't say you should have blanket trust. I merely think you could give individual officers the benefit of the doubt. It is the broad brush painting of entire groups that leads to all gun owners being condemned as "nuts".

I believe I have lost my trust in them that's all. I am not nuts. I just have my opinions. I still hope that the good LEOs and authority in government helps this county and country to turn back to letting The People have more personals rights and Constitutional freedoms. While the further infringements here in Multnomah County happened today really sucks I still have hope.

No target shooting within county limits:

15.065 Discharge of a Firearm.
(A) It is unlawful for any person to fire or discharge a firearm within the boundaries of the
County. Page 4 of 5 – Adding new ordinances to Chapter 15 and amending §15.051 to address firearm safety in
Multnomah County.
(B) The prohibition of subsection (A) of this section does not apply to or affect those listed in
ORS 166.171(2).

No question that this will be overturned at a higher level.

I thought that too, but it looks like target shooting is exempt under ORS 166.171(2):

166.171 Authority of county to regulate discharge of firearms. (1) A county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the discharge of firearms within their boundaries.

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section may not apply to or affect:

(a) A person discharging a firearm in the lawful defense of person or property.

(b) A person discharging a firearm in the course of lawful hunting.

(c) A landowner and guests of the landowner discharging a firearm, when the discharge will not endanger adjacent persons or property.

(d) A person discharging a firearm on a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the purpose of target shooting.

(e) A person discharging a firearm in the course of target shooting on public land that is not inside an urban growth boundary or the boundary of a city, if the discharge will not endanger persons or property.

(f) An employee of the United States Department of Agriculture, acting within the scope of employment, discharging a firearm in the course of the lawful taking of wildlife. [1995 s.s. c.1 §2; 2009 c.556 §1]

That is totally against Our Constitutional rights. We Americans should not be made to ask for permission to do something that is Our right.

Now I can not even carry a unloaded firearm in Multnomah County without a license. Cant others see the problem in that?

This new ordinance is clearly an infringement on both Oregon and U.S. constitutional rights. Permits and licenses are for granting privileges, rights are inherent and god-given and require no permit or license. It's only a matter of time before this new ordinance ends up being challenged in the courts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top