JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am pretty new to hunting in Oregon. I have deer hunted rifle season this last three years and have really enjoyed it. Now some buddies of mine are trying to get me into archery elk. I am thrilled at the opportunity and will give it a try next year. Now my question is can I do both in the same year? Can I get a bow tag for elk and a rifle tag for deer. Either controlled or general?

you can do rifle deer and bow elk. thats what i do. infact you can apply for a 600 series deer tag on top of your general or controlled deer tag in hopes to harvest two deer.

oh and when i do get my 600 series tag its usually the willamette 615 tag. it goes from september to february and the bag limit is one deer. buck or doe. i hunt with a rifle, shotgun and bow with that tag :D

just depends how im feelin that day!

Vineyards will invite you onto their property to hunt deer in the Willamette Valley unit because they are such a nuisance. A few years ago one called me out of the blue and offered me their property to hunt deer. I always wondered how the heck they were able to find out I even had a 600 series tag. ODFW had to of released that info to them.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews