JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am pretty new to hunting in Oregon. I have deer hunted rifle season this last three years and have really enjoyed it. Now some buddies of mine are trying to get me into archery elk. I am thrilled at the opportunity and will give it a try next year. Now my question is can I do both in the same year? Can I get a bow tag for elk and a rifle tag for deer. Either controlled or general?

you can do rifle deer and bow elk. thats what i do. infact you can apply for a 600 series deer tag on top of your general or controlled deer tag in hopes to harvest two deer.

oh and when i do get my 600 series tag its usually the willamette 615 tag. it goes from september to february and the bag limit is one deer. buck or doe. i hunt with a rifle, shotgun and bow with that tag :D

just depends how im feelin that day!

Vineyards will invite you onto their property to hunt deer in the Willamette Valley unit because they are such a nuisance. A few years ago one called me out of the blue and offered me their property to hunt deer. I always wondered how the heck they were able to find out I even had a 600 series tag. ODFW had to of released that info to them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top