JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, I was all primed to go down to the cop shop and get my conceal permit, when I happened to skim the sporting goods section of the nickel ads, and found a class come February. The information is on nwpersonalprotection.com. I skimmed some different threads on this board and didn't find this particular site, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them, if it was the best way to go. Here's the content of the ad, for the sake of posterity.

NW Personal Protection is offering multi state concealed handgun course. Oregon, Utah and Arizona carry in 36 States! Centralia, Washington on February 16th, 2013 from 12pm to 5om. Oregon CHL only $50, multi state, Utah, Arizona and Oregon, $80. Already have a Washington CHL? Upgrade to multi state package for $60. Free fingerprinting. Register online at Northwest Personal Protection - Welcome or 503-396-8725.

I just want to know if this is worth it, or if others would just stick with the 55.25 Washington permit.

For the record, while I'm comfortable with the idea of training, I have been around handguns all of my life and have a proper appreciation for the care it takes to handle them...My long winded way of saying it's not exactly a consideration for me.

Thoughts?

The only thing that concerns me is that I'm not exactly in the know on up and up training classes. I don't know if this one is legitimate. Nothing throws up a red flag, but there is a "refundable" 25.00 registration fee, and I don't know if that's the norm.

Has anyone actually heard of them, or have anything to say about them?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top