JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, the Oregon legislature is now considering this bill (among several other pretty good ones) regarding CHL:

HB 2792, sponsored by state Representative Kim Thatcher, would provide nonresidents who are authorized to carry concealed a handgun in another state with the same protections provided to persons with an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

Sounds like a good time to let your (Oregon) representative and senator know that you recommend approving this one. Letters are always best, phone calls and emails are good too.

Well, the Oregon legislature is now considering this bill (among several other pretty good ones) regarding CHL:

HB 2792, sponsored by state Representative Kim Thatcher, would provide nonresidents who are authorized to carry concealed a handgun in another state with the same protections provided to persons with an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.

Sounds like a good time to let your (Oregon) representative and senator know that you recommend approving this one. Letters are always best, phone calls and emails are good too.

That would be great.. I might even visit OR if I had the ability to defend myself while there..

That would be great.. I might even visit OR if I had the ability to defend myself while there..

If H.R. 822, the new version introduced by Cliff Stearns of FL, is passed I might even visit my relatives in California. And there's a bill in the OR legislature that would allow OR to recognize non-OR CHLs.
Our 2A rights shouldn't stop at the state border.

If H.R. 822, the new version introduced by Cliff Stearns of FL, is passed I might even visit my relatives in California. And there's a bill in the OR legislature that would allow OR to recognize non-OR CHLs.
Our 2A rights shouldn't stop at the state border.

What if our 1st or 5th amendment rights were voided in some states? Would that stand?

What if our 1st or 5th amendment rights were voided in some states? Would that stand?

Interesting question,and as a matter of fact, after voicing my concerns to a police officer last year, then turning around & entering my home, and then having said officer force his way into my home. I think both my 1st & 5th amendment rights were violated in the same moment. Seems to be standing all right, as I am now being tried by the State. Unfortunately he has a backup cop for a witness
I think I forgot your point again??

I have a permit for OR,WA and FL.Together they cover quite a few states,not sure at the moment as to if they whould cover all the states you'd like;but that whould be easy enough to find out.Truth be told,my pappy started lettin' me carry a gun since I turned 15yrs old;and permit be damned I've carried in all 50 states of this great "Republic".Now,I'm not saying you should go and break any laws,but if you'er gonna be in a place where yer not suppossed to be armed;and theres at least a 50/50 chance that you or your loved ones could be in harms way...Well I'd sooner face a judge and jury then end up in a pine box.But thats just me,you should do whatever feels right for yourself.

Good information and good incentive to become more politically involved. I think it is going to be an ongoing challenge to stand up for those freedoms our country was founded upon. There seem to be many who want to take them away; that is certain.

If you go to the CC site and the open carry site,look at the carry laws for the states that take the Utah permit.
In Washington,a loaded weapon in a car is considered concealed carry.Most of the states that reciprocate the Utah permit,this isn't considered conceal carry. (no I will not start naming states,I really don't care that much,but you need to see it for yourself)
Conceal carry for these states is "on your person" type concealed carry,a gun in a car is just that.
Now I don't much CC anyway,but if you do then you still would need one.I just like to have a loaded weapon in the car on the back roads.Or ready when the Gotta piss NOW stop comes.
Hard to load a gun quickly when this happens.
Anyway,if you just want the gun for driving,look up the states you are traveling thru and you may be OK.

Last time if failed to pass in the Senate by 1 vote.

And then only because they agreed on it requiring a "super majority", had it been a straight majority rules vote it would have passed!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show