JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Why are MP4 files not allowed?? I took a video with my Windows phone of my annealing process and wanted to share it. I see info online for downloading this program to convert that file to some other format, or else download it over there and optimize it here and then link it somewhere else. i don't want to be a computer geek, I just want to show a video. Help!

Are you referring to uploading them to the media gallery, or uploading them to posts? They should be allowed in the media gallery (let me know if not). We can't upload videos of any format to posts themselves, they have to be uploaded somewhere else first (such as the media gallery) and then embedded.

Upvote 0
I tried to upload, but it says the filesize is too large. And while I'm at it, it seems pics can't upload from my iPhone anymore.

1st world problems :)

Upvote 0
I tried to upload, but it says the filesize is too large. And while I'm at it, it seems pics can't upload from my iPhone anymore.

1st world problems :)

Do you know how big the file was? I'll have to look at the limits. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of storage capacity, but I'll definitely look into increasing it if video uploads become popular.

I'll look into the iPhone photo upload issue now.

Upvote 0
Do you know how big the file was? I'll have to look at the limits. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of storage capacity, but I'll definitely look into increasing it if video uploads become popular.

I'll look into the iPhone photo upload issue now.
I think your limit is 20mb, so mine must have been greater than that.

thanks-1.jpg

Upvote 0
What happens when you try to upload a photo? I haven't had an issue from my iPhone 6S or iPhone 5, but @Joe13 has.

I just can only load one at a time from my phone.

As far as video goes - I'd have people use one of the many free places that you can upload videos for free and link to them.

As much as I would like to also upload vids straight to the post - it will turn into a massive storage issue IMO and cost the site more money to run.

Just my 2¢

Upvote 0
5mb+ pic is huge, I get that error when I try to email pics that large from my work email (Outlook). You can always resize them.

Upvote 0
View attachment 319341
Ha! Now it works when the boss is looking

That's really odd. What was it doing?

I just can only load one at a time from my phone.

As far as video goes - I'd have people use one of the many free places that you can upload videos for free and link to them.

As much as I would like to also upload vids straight to the post - it will turn into a massive storage issue IMO and cost the site more money to run.

Just my 2¢

Yeah, phones and tablets are limited to one at a time. This will change eventually, but we could be looking at a year or more.

I agree about the videos, storage space is certainly a concern. I also understand that some people don't want to use those other services for various reasons, and if the people want it I'm going to try to make it happen :D

You can upload videos to the Media Gallery and then embed them into a post, but you cannot upload a video directly to a post, which is the way it will stay. This helps us and members find, view, and manage videos better, and avoids a situation where there are a bunch of videos uploaded to threads nobody views anymore.

We're also looking into the possibility of an add-on which uploads videos directly to our YouTube channel through the NWFA site.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads