JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My state wants to outlaw the purchase of any gun parts that belong to a so called "assault type weapon"; what key parts would you want to purchase if that were the case where you lived? I am looking to get extra parts stocked up in case the gun grabbers get their way; I do not want to end up in dire straits if something breaks.

Any HK guys out there?

Thanks

Off top of my head spare roller kit, extractors, firing pin, and spring kit that's what I had on hand for a cetme "same locking system" hopefully some more Hk savvy people chime in

One place to start is springs they are a wear item. I went over to wolf springs and bought everything they offered for any gun I own. Spent a few hundred but have firing pin springs, recoil springs, buffer springs, trigger springs, hammer springs, extractor springs... well you get the idea.

Any small parts that are easily lost during take down or assembly. An easy example would be detents in an ar.

I also like to have extra firing pins and extractors seems like a common wear/breakage item over alot of firearms.

Magazines and mag bases/springs/followers. I had one fail on a brand new Zenith. Base broke off and the guts with 29 rounds hit the dirt.

Magazines and mag bases/springs/followers. I had one fail on a brand new Zenith. Base broke off and the guts with 29 rounds hit the dirt.
Was this an ETS mp5 magazine?
I ask because those crappy ETS clear plastic mags are the only mags to have given me any trouble with my PTR MP5 clone.
The South Korean mags have given me no trouble so I never ended up getting any German mags like I had planned.

To the OP: The only MP5 parts I really see possibly needing in the future is recoil springs, but even then I think they last a while, as I have over 1K rounds through mine with no signs of losing any spring power anytime soon.

Last Edited:
Sad to hear that about the ETS mp5 mags I've been purposely rough with some of their Glock mags and been happily surprised with their durability
The ETS MP5 mags are great if you like your guns with a bit of jam.
Only time mine has ever jammed was with the ETS mags, I have brought the ETS mags several times to the range to confirm this and make sure it wasn't a fluke.

What flavor MP-5 did you get? Real HK?

The most common part that will need replacing is the extractor spring. You can actually use the heavier rifle extractor spring on a MP-5 bolt so get those. And of course, if your extractor spring goes, often your extractor falls out and gets lost, so get one of those. Also, not a bad idea to get a spare roller plate and rollers. My solution for all this is that I bought a spare bolt from RCM and I just run that.

Ejector springs are another item to have. Not because they break, but because the get lost when you pull the ejector out of the trigger pack. Here again, I purchased entire trigger packs as spares.

I have never had to replace a firing pin or firing pin spring on any of my roller lock guns, but I still have a couple NOS German made examples just because they were kinda cool wrapped in the over engineered German storage pouch.

If you watch the classifieds at HKPro, you can often get a deal from someone selling take-off parts. Just be aware that not all parts are directly interchangeable between the various manufacturers......i.e. a F/A HK or PTR made carrier will not fit a Century/Zenith/MKE gun because of the carrier block welded inside the receiver.

P.S......... take out a second mortgage and get some extra magazines.

-E-

Was this an ETS mp5 magazine?
I ask because those crappy ETS clear plastic mags are the only mags to have given me any trouble with my PTR MP5 clone.
The South Korean mags have given me no trouble so I never ended up getting any German mags like I had planned.

To the OP: The only MP5 parts I really see possibly needing in the future is recoil springs, but even then I think they last a while, as I have over 1K rounds through mine with no signs of losing any spring power anytime soon.
No, they weren't ETS. They were factory mags that came with it. Not sure if they make them (probably not) or source them out.

What flavor MP-5 did you get? Real HK?

The most common part that will need replacing is the extractor spring. You can actually use the heavier rifle extractor spring on a MP-5 bolt so get those. And of course, if your extractor spring goes, often your extractor falls out and gets lost, so get one of those. Also, not a bad idea to get a spare roller plate and rollers. My solution for all this is that I bought a spare bolt from RCM and I just run that.

Ejector springs are another item to have. Not because they break, but because the get lost when you pull the ejector out of the trigger pack. Here again, I purchased entire trigger packs as spares.

I have never had to replace a firing pin or firing pin spring on any of my roller lock guns, but I still have a couple NOS German made examples just because they were kinda cool wrapped in the over engineered German storage pouch.

If you watch the classifieds at HKPro, you can often get a deal from someone selling take-off parts. Just be aware that not all parts are directly interchangeable between the various manufacturers......i.e. a F/A HK or PTR made carrier will not fit a Century/Zenith/MKE gun because of the carrier block welded inside the receiver.

P.S......... take out a second mortgage and get some extra magazines.

-E-
HK SP5

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews