JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This article says:

Girard Saenz, who was in the home at the time, was arrested on suspicion of violating California's law regarding assault weapons and .50-caliber Browning machine guns. The law prohibits the manufacture, distribution, transportation, importation and sale of any assault rifle or .50-caliber weapon, except in specific circumstances

Chuck Michel, a well-known gun rights attorney, said that having 1,000 guns isn't that unusual for a federal firearms dealer. He said dealers often keep their own private collections and then separately keep an inventory of weapons in stock for the business.

As a federally licensed weapons dealer, a person can sell guns elsewhere that are not compliant with California's assault rifle laws. The state, however, requires dealers to have a dangerous-weapons permit, Michel said.

Sometimes, he said, dealers can overlook the correct paperwork and run afoul of the law, noting that sensational search warrants with piles of guns often end up without charges.

Mystery surrounds 1,000 guns seized at Bel-Air mansion linked to Getty family

IT'S PRONOUNCED CASH, GOLDIMMIT!

As expected, the anti-gun talking heads on the news are wetting their pants over this story, but the thing that irritates me the most is that they keep mispronouncing cache when referring to the cache of guns. Since they're being paid millions a year to professionally use the English language, they should use it correctly!

Cache means "a group of things that are hidden." This word is pronounced \CASH\.
Cachet has several meanings. It can mean "prestige," "medicine prepared so that it can be swallowed," or "an official seal." It is pronounced \cash-AY\.

(Don't even get me started on their continual misuse of "and I" versus "and me"...)

1000 guns and only a $50,000 bail, my prediction is the guy walks, getting his guns back in CA is going to be another story, but it was a $7 million house so hopefully he has money for a good attorney.

Jokes on them, while everyone else was giving up their freedom he was stockpiling it.

Sure he lost it now, but even fleeting freedom is still better then a world with none. And he got to experience a whole lot of it before it ended.

1000 guns and only a $50,000 bail, my prediction is the guy walks, getting his guns back in CA is going to be another story, but it was a $7 million house so hopefully he has money for a good attorney.
He's related to the Getty's.
Lol
He's got the money.
The GETTY family is worth Billons .
Back in the day I worked in the oil fields.
In Bakersfield CA.
Also known as the GETTY OIL FIELDS.
At one time.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show