Defensive Arts
Gun Deals
Landhawk Arms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

moose,buffalo and now wolverines

Reactions
Wolverine tracks confirmed in Wallowa County for first time
April 22, 2011

Wolverine tracks in the snow, April 17, 2011. Dr. Magoun’s glove is at left for size comparison.
Download higher resolution image.

ENTERPRISE, Ore.—For the first time in recorded history, biologists have confirmed that tracks found in the Wallowa Mountains of Northeast Oregon are those of a North American wolverine.
Researcher Dr. Audrey Magoun found the wolverine tracks in the snow on April 17 while hiking to a remote camera site set up to detect wolverines. She followed the tracks for about a mile until they left the river bottom headed into the high country.
“From the size of the track, it is probably a male,” said Magoun who has dedicated her career to studying wolverine since she received her Ph.D. in 1978.

More on the ofwd site

Reactions
I saw one on Paulina Peak about 20 years ago. It ran across the road as we were on our way up. I confirmed it with ODFW at the time and they told me I wasn't seeing things and there were a few around there.

Reactions
I saw one 2years ago comming down the north side of satus pass. it was huge, had to do the doudle take to realize what it was. I count myself lucky in getting to see one of gods special creatures.

Reactions
had to do the double take to realize what it was.
So did I. Mine kind of 'hopped' across the road and at first I thought it was a small bear - but having seen many bears I never saw one move like that but I will never forget the big, furry paws.

Reactions
I was thinking the same thing, then realized it was way to short legged to be a bear (seen plenty off them) it just kinda of just humbled along. its was in no hurry.

UPCOMING EVENTS

NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Arms Collectors of SWW show is back!
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought two guns from Curts over the past 5yrs and quite a few accessories. They have more of the really nice high-end products. I live on the...
    • Helocat
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    Great place good people, transfer fee is a joke.
    • FireArm
  • Northwest Armory - Milwaukie
    3.00 star(s)
    I used to go in often, even when the store is empty its hard to get someone to help, they say just a sec and never come back to you, or are having...
    • FireArm
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop and decent selection, good for a hunting rifle or Glock , hit or miss on just about everything else.
    • FireArm
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place, people and service.
    • FireArm

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS