JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wolverine tracks confirmed in Wallowa County for first time
April 22, 2011

Wolverine tracks in the snow, April 17, 2011. Dr. Magoun’s glove is at left for size comparison.
Download higher resolution image.

ENTERPRISE, Ore.—For the first time in recorded history, biologists have confirmed that tracks found in the Wallowa Mountains of Northeast Oregon are those of a North American wolverine.
Researcher Dr. Audrey Magoun found the wolverine tracks in the snow on April 17 while hiking to a remote camera site set up to detect wolverines. She followed the tracks for about a mile until they left the river bottom headed into the high country.
“From the size of the track, it is probably a male,” said Magoun who has dedicated her career to studying wolverine since she received her Ph.D. in 1978.

More on the ofwd site

I saw one on Paulina Peak about 20 years ago. It ran across the road as we were on our way up. I confirmed it with ODFW at the time and they told me I wasn't seeing things and there were a few around there.

I saw one 2years ago comming down the north side of satus pass. it was huge, had to do the doudle take to realize what it was. I count myself lucky in getting to see one of gods special creatures.

Hunter S. Thompson allegedly hand feeding a Wolverine in his yard - you decide.
hunter-thompson-profile_1.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top