JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a friend put in the hospital by a deer that jumped out in front of him when he was riding a motorcycle

But yes, moose are a lot larger and can be very aggressive.

I think that at least some significant percentage of the deaths caused by moose are collisions with motor vehicle.
I was visiting a friend of mine in Idaho once. He took us to Yellowstone on a sight-seeing trip. There was a wildlife viewing platform out over some marsh. We were out there with a bunch of other tourists watching a moose grazing. Mr. Moose decided he didn't like being watched and charged the platform. It looked like a track meet as people tried to get out of there.

Had a friend put in the hospital by a deer that jumped out in front of him when he was riding a motorcycle

But yes, moose are a lot larger and can be very aggressive.

I think that at least some significant percentage of the deaths caused by moose are collisions with motor vehicle.
True dat. Plenty of pictures in the in site safety training session.

I was driving into the work site before dawn one morning and a moose surprised me in the middle of the road. No interest in getting out of the way. Lucky to slip around his side.

She used a 380. She then had to call someone with a rifle to finish the job. The moral of the story is, never bring a 380 to a moose fight.

She used a 380. She then had to call someone with a rifle to finish the job. The moral of the story is, never bring a 380 to a moose fight.
Are you serious?? Who goes into moose and bear country armed with a pocket pistol???? WTF, this dipshcit....

Poor dogs. They didn't deserve to be hurt

I'm from Alaska. 5th generation.
I have no empathy for Dogsledder's. 98-99% of them are welfare leaches that can't afford to take care of themselves let alone the dog's.

The other 2% are rich people that moved to Alaska with the " Alaska dream " , but have zero clue about living in the wood's or why anyone would actually need a sled team other than racing.

Or people living off grid and from the land ( probably.05-1% of sledders.)
I've seen these dude's at -65 running teams up north hunting and trapping to survive.
Dog's die YOU die period.

Just my .02Cents.
I'm a little jaded when it come's to Idiot's in the wood's. Especially in My wood's...

If she was actually living out in the Bush with no roads. I would have a different opinion.

Last Edited:
I'm from Alaska. 5th generation.
I have no empathy for Dogsledder's. 98-99% of them are welfare leaches that can't afford to take care of themselves let alone the dog's.

The other 2% are rich people that moved to Alaska with the " Alaska dream " , but have zero clue about living in the wood's or why anyone would actually need a sled team other than racing.

Or people living off grid and from the land ( probably.05-1% of sledders.)
I've seen these dude's at -65 running teams up north hunting and trapping to survive.
Dog's die YOU die period.

Just my .02Cents.
I'm a little jaded when it come's to Idiot's in the wood's. Especially in My wood's...

If she was actually living out in the Bush with no roads. I would have a different opinion.
Is there any wiggle room for people like close family of mine who moved there to teach in the middle of nowhere? The only way in or out is bush plane, snow machine, or dogsled. They sometimes choose sled, fuel isn't readily available or cheap.

This is no different than any other possible danger in our environments. We all have to assess the possible dangers around us and take measures to mitigate. Some people are better at this than others. Hopefully she learned a lesson.

Fun fact, my wife grew up within several miles of where this happened. Because of this life experience, she claims a Moose is the only animal she could shoot as they often chased her and her siblings when they would walk to the bus stop. She calls them mean bustards.

This is no different than any other possible danger in our environments. We all have to assess the possible dangers around us and take measures to mitigate. Some people are better at this than others. Hopefully she learned a lesson.

Fun fact, my wife grew up within several miles of where this happened. Because of this life experience, she claims a Moose is the only animal she could shoot as they often chased her and her siblings when they would walk to the bus stop. She calls them mean bustards.
The cow's are real mean bubblegumz when they have yearlings.
Alway's had to stear real wide of them.

And the details are out. The lady was shooting a .380 at the moose.

A Ruger LCP.
The article said:
On this day, she quickly discovered personal protection is a relative term.

:s0140:

Yeah, she did. :D

I have found that when riding bikes, quads or snow machines in the cold, I can carry just about any size firearm comfortably with a good holster, be it IWB or OWB. It's just about selecting a good quality holster and getting it positioned properly.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top