JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Montana to Fed - What's made in Montana and stays in Montana ain't none of your bidness.

<broken link removed>

According to the status link, this bill was passed and signed by the Governor last month.

wait... so does that mean they can have a suppressor made in Montana and not have to pay a Federal tax stamp? Does this go for other NFA type weapons?

From what I understand, you can legally make a machine gun and use it as long as it stays in the state.

Section 5. Exceptions. [Section 4] does not apply to:

(1) a firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;

(2) a firearm that has a bore diameter greater than 1 1/2 inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) a firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.

Read the last part. I dont think a full auto is gonna fly but the supressor seemed ok IDK?

"But it's our way to make a statement to say this is Tennessee. These our are guns," says Rep. Henry Fincher, (D) Cookeville.

"Bottom line...safety. I think if there's a gun being manufactured in Tennessee, as long as it's a safe gun I have no problem with it," says Sen. Beverly Marrero, (D) Memphis.

I thought these were two interesting quotes from a pair of Tennessee (D)s.

Sen. Beverly Marrero, as long as it's a safe gun it ok with me.

So what's a safe gun? Oh I know, a gun that isn't in a criminals hands!
So if more citizens have guns there will be more safe guns out there.

And I'm moving to TN so I can get a Barrett and not have the feds come take it. Whooo!
Nothing like a gun you can shoot over a mile and kill....Well anything.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top