JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Montana to Fed - What's made in Montana and stays in Montana ain't none of your bidness.

<broken link removed>

According to the status link, this bill was passed and signed by the Governor last month.

wait... so does that mean they can have a suppressor made in Montana and not have to pay a Federal tax stamp? Does this go for other NFA type weapons?

From what I understand, you can legally make a machine gun and use it as long as it stays in the state.

Section 5. Exceptions. [Section 4] does not apply to:

(1) a firearm that cannot be carried and used by one person;

(2) a firearm that has a bore diameter greater than 1 1/2 inches and that uses smokeless powder, not black powder, as a propellant;

(3) ammunition with a projectile that explodes using an explosion of chemical energy after the projectile leaves the firearm; or

(4) a firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.

Read the last part. I dont think a full auto is gonna fly but the supressor seemed ok IDK?

"But it's our way to make a statement to say this is Tennessee. These our are guns," says Rep. Henry Fincher, (D) Cookeville.

"Bottom line...safety. I think if there's a gun being manufactured in Tennessee, as long as it's a safe gun I have no problem with it," says Sen. Beverly Marrero, (D) Memphis.

I thought these were two interesting quotes from a pair of Tennessee (D)s.

Sen. Beverly Marrero, as long as it's a safe gun it ok with me.

So what's a safe gun? Oh I know, a gun that isn't in a criminals hands!
So if more citizens have guns there will be more safe guns out there.

And I'm moving to TN so I can get a Barrett and not have the feds come take it. Whooo!
Nothing like a gun you can shoot over a mile and kill....Well anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top