JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Hampshire
HB1285 – 1/6/10

HB 1285 departs from the Montana model in that it sets criminal penalties for any person attempting to enforce federal criminal laws against the maker of a New Hampshire-made and retained firearm.

HB1433

wouldn't that be fun to watch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Hampshire
HB1285 – 1/6/10

HB 1285 departs from the Montana model in that it sets criminal penalties for any person attempting to enforce federal criminal laws against the maker of a New Hampshire-made and retained firearm.

HB1433

wouldn't that be fun to watch!

Fun to watch? Hey, they could sell ringside seats for big bucks.. perhaps even enough to pay the legal fees involved in pressing the matter. I think I might even travel there to watch..... what fun THAT would be.

Washington - Being read (HB2709)
Idaho - Intending FFA (eh?)
Montana - The Original
Wyoming - Being read (HB28)
Nevada - Nothing Yet
Oregon - Nothing Yet

I would consider that the whole of the Northwest, all but 2 are looking at it/have it. that would be nice if all were accepted.

California - 99.9% Never gonna happen.

You think this'll spark a new economy/job market for ammo/firearm/accessory manufacturers based in these states? (IE. new private manufacturers/sellers to their home states)
IE Bob's Ammo and More. home-made/loaded ammo from self-made brass. (nice little BOB headstamps on em... haha..)

For those of you interested in supporting a FFA in Oregon please visit the <broken link removed>

My friend Tim Reeves is the Oregon director of the Tenth Amendment Center. This organization seeks to support 10th amendment based state nullifications of unconstitutional federal laws. Be it socialized health care or whatever.

We are turning our focus towards passing a FFA in Oregon. We are just getting our start and we need your support. We are NOT asking for your money at this time but rather we are simply seeking your support in getting the word out that such legislation IS possible and IS passing in other states. Montana and Tennessee so far have passed FFA's and 13 other states have something in process at this time.

A key element to keep in mind is that though you can make all kinds of arguments that the supreme court previously ruled this way or that all day long it MAY be meaningless. Here is how.... for now Montana and Tennessee are going it alone and have stuck their necks out. If they begin manufacturing and selling federally banned weapons the feds will come down on them. What needs to happen is enough states...say 24 or so .... need to pass an FFA and begin regulating themselves DESPITE what the federal laws say. If enough states do so the feds simply will not have the resources to prosecute the numbers of people engaged in these activities since the state will not provide assistance to arrest, prosecute or jail these persons.

We have a long history of passing nullification laws in this country but have not done as much of it in the last 100 years or so. A couple of recent examples where this seems to have been almost completely successful is in the case of REAL ID. The feds passed a law that would require states to create a defacto federal ID card which had a lot of overly intrusive aspects to it. I think it was 24 states that simply passed laws saying that they will not participate. BAM! Federal law though it was passed, simply never went into effect.
The other example is the medical marijuana laws that various states have. The feds CAN (in their opinion) still bust anyone with a med marijuana card but why aren't they doing very much of it? Without state resources to assist they simply cannot.

The 10th amendment states....
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution,
nor prohibited by it to the States,
are reserved to the States respectively,
or to the people."

This is the authority that we can use for Oregonians to make our own gun laws for Oregon.

Of course no one is suggesting anarchy, rather a return to actually having the right to bear arms that has been so terribly infringed is what we need to band together to support. Let's decide what WE think is good for US... let's not leave it to Washington bureaucrats who are increasingly insulated from us to decide. It seems they go to DC and get swallowed up by the system and forget what decent people back home want. Their second amendment rights for example.

Tim and I are not constitutional lawyers,we are not at all lawyers,and we are not historians either. We are not suggesting that we have all of the details correct or have all of the answers. We are seeking freedom loving neighbors who have ideas and want to work with us on this. We are merely decent guys that are fed up with federal infringements on our rights. Are you?

For now all we ask is that you visit the web site and give us your input and send an email to Tim asking to be put on our mailing list. Hopefully you will be at the upcoming Portland gun show and will come visit our table and let us know that you support what we are trying to get started. We would love to hear you opinions,suggestions and ideas and you may sign up for our mailing list at the show as well.

For now Tim and I are paying all of our expenses ourselves since we believe that using the power of the tenth amendment is our best chance to directly influence our futures. Please plan to stop by our table and talk with us. For now all we know is that we will LIKELY be at a table along the wall somewhere.We will be easy to spot with our cheap Xeroxed signs and stuff.

We know in our state of Oregon this will be a brutal uphill battle but we are doing what we can to get the ball rolling. Please join us and feel free to contact us whenever you can.

Larry Walton (cyborg)
[email protected]

Timothy Reeves
<broken link removed>

For our friends who live outside OR please visit the national hub of the tenth amendment center for information on how you may support an FFA in your state.....

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/

See you at the gun show

I read as well that Idaho's legislature have passed it, and that it now awaits the signature of their governor.

Might be a good idea of anyone knows anyone living in Idaho to urge them to write/email/call the governor and ask he sign it. I can't recall what the guess was as to whether he would sign or not.

Interestingly enough, Ty Marbut, the founder of Reed College's Shooting Sports Kollectiv, a highly popular group on one of the most liberal campuses on the nation and one of my guest speakers at the event I threw last Sunday, is the son of Gary Marbut who wrote the Montana law. One of my writers should be doing an interview with the elder Marbut soon, I'm interested to see how that turns out.
Ross Eliot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads