JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Once again, you didn't hear about this in the media. But here's another instance of a home owner using an "assault weapon" to defend the lives of her family. You can only imagine what might have happened if she hadn't been armed.

<broken link removed>

How was this not in the media? That was an ABC network TV station running the story. Looked pretty Media covered to me. Or do you expect a story like this to end up on Portland News 2/3's of the way across the country?

Pretty sure no one in Detroit heard about the car chase and wreck where a couple of guys chased down the suspect in Portland yesterday.

How was this not in the media? That was an ABC network TV station running the story. Looked pretty Media covered to me. Or do you expect a story like this to end up on Portland News 2/3's of the way across the country?

Pretty sure no one in Detroit heard about the car chase and wreck where a couple of guys chased down the suspect in Portland yesterday.
well some of us may have local and others may have cable channel's. And yes I do expect to hear it on major cable channel's. Why wouldnt I. I hear stupid crap all the time from local channel's thats happen on the east side as well as cable news.
Instead of trying to be a smart A why dont you just support and not try to make a point.

My point, Mark, was that news media focuses on how guns are "bad" and give wide coverage to negative gun stories while burying stories like this. I was unable to find this story broadcast anywhere other than the above local channel, yet, we hear all the time about the things bad guys do with guns all over the country.

My apologies if I've typed this too fast. I know you read slow.

I know, right? I hear about lost wedding rings found in the drain pipes after 29 years in Kansas and kittens rescued from wells in North Dakota on cable news , I think heroism like this should get National attention and make bad guys think, That could have been me. You Go Hero Mom!!

I love this story and thank you for sharing it with the rest of us, it makes me proud to see these kinds of things as a responsible gun owner myself. But on a lighter side unless I am wrong but when did a Hi-point become an assault weapon....haha. Thanks again.

Did anyone catch the related story that shows the response of the Detroit Police Chief? He commends her for protecting her family. Amazing.

<broken link removed>

My point, Mark, was that news media focuses on how guns are "bad" and give wide coverage to negative gun stories while burying stories like this. I was unable to find this story broadcast anywhere other than the above local channel, yet, we hear all the time about the things bad guys do with guns all over the country.

My apologies if I've typed this too fast. I know you read slow.

Go easy on Mark, he had a good point in my opinion. Just because it does not go along with your agenda does not mean it is flawed. I think getting harsh loses more support than it gains. Other perspectives is what you are asking, why not allow same from others. By the way I note the story was shown in Baltimore, West Palm Beach and even in the United Kingdom. Relax and maybe type a little slower for we older folks that read slower. If you are lucky, you might reach that stage someday.

To those who think that the media doesnt bury positive firearms use stories....well I just don't know how to respond. That was a sensational story and in about two hours of watching cable news each day I didn't see it. Cable news is mostly entertainment anyway. Why I watch! LOL!!!
Good job Mom! Doubt those little hoods will be coming back! My mom kept a riot gun (that's what we used to call them) next to her bed until she was 80.

To those who don't think that the media doesnt bury positive firearms use stories....well I just don't know how to respond. That was a sensational story and in about two hours of watching cable news each day I didn't see it. Cable news is mostly entertainment anyway. Why I watch! LOL!!!
Good job Mom! Doubt those little hoods will be coming back! My mom kept a riot gun (that's what we used to call them) next to her bed until she was 80.
yes crap news, entertainment news, good news, but news from around the country none the less. It travels im just saying we hear news from around the world and country on our local news.

That is a high point carbine. They come in 9, 40, and 45 and I had a 9 at one point. It was a jamming machine until I sent it in and they honored their lifetime no question asked warranty. I got a completely new gun with my serial number back...different style stock, new barrel, all new internals, all shipped to my door when it was done in about 2 weeks. For my trouble they shipped 3 new mags along with the 2 it came with and it never jammed again. Good 175 dollar carbine but I would not trust it to protect my family. A lot of fun and accurate though.

You can bet Ceasefire Oregon, Bloomberg, and the Gabby & the spaceman crowd won't want to hear about this. They would probably prefer that the mom be arrested for having a gun near her children.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top