JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stumbled on an interesting YT channel of this name. It is about stories of people throughout history who have become lost (and sometimes found - dead or alive) in the National/State forests, Ntl. parks & other outdoor areas.

NOW - to be clear this isn't a channel where people report seeing cloven hoof prints in the dirt, people with black eyes, walking treelike creatures or are found disemboweled in the limbs of a tree. This is well narrated with pictures, dates, locations and relatively short stories about how the person became lost, efforts to find them, the end results and some have follow-up stories with new information.

It's quite interesting considering the variety of ways people have become lost. It's not all about the lone hiker or hunter but many have become lost that were very close to others, on flat ground, during the day and in in good weather. There are some interesting followup stories with regard to those who were found in that often they are sometimes found very long distances from where they became lost, some having no memory of being lost and some found in areas that had been previously heavily searched. Also there are certain areas in the US where there are much higher numbers of those lost than in other places.

The narrator is obviously very 'objective' of all the stories however some of them it appears obvious there were possibly other 'factors' in the disappearances such as 'foul play', maybe some using the woods to cover up an 'intentional' disappearance or other reasons but most are reported simply as lost with no other influencing factors.

Anyway being a lifelong outdoorsman I find it interesting and informative. I have related some of the situations to similar places I have been and things i have been doing - and having been 'lost' once while hunting some of the stories definitely 'struck a chord'.

Last Edited:
David Paulides has a massive series of books on missing people. I haven't read them yet but own 9 of them. He also has a YouTube channel called "Canam missing project".

I learned of him through another youtube channel "Mr.Ballen" who does videos on the strange dark and mysterious and did some videos on people going missing in the woods. Mr.ballen's channel covers a lot of stuff though not just missing people. Super entertaining and sometimes hard to listen to (murders and such) stories.

David Paulides has a massive series of books on missing people.
Yea I discovered the Missing Person Mysteries channel by listening to an Art Bell re run with David Paulides as a guest speaker.

He (David) had some really interesting information on the US Park Police and how they operate. If you are interested in this 'stuff' listen to that Art Bell episode.

One aspect David mentioned about some of the missing persons cases was the FBI showed up as well as certain military units that were never verified as to who authorized their deployment. Kind of 'odd' for a 'missing person' in the woods.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads