JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering adding a Mini Mr Bullet Feeder (MBF) to my Lee Classic Turret (LCT) Press for reloading 9mm and .45, and I have a couple of questions for you Reloaders Out There!
  1. Have any LCT Press Users used the Mini MBF together and been pleased with the results?
  2. Since most bullet feeders seem to require a more pronounced flare of the case mouth in order to properly receive a bullet-drop into the case, will this increase in brass-flexing severely reduce the life of the case or require more frequent annealing?
Thanks for any answers. :)

Answer to Question #2:

If case life is a concern with 9mm and .45, you may want to stock up while it's cheap. I know of nobody right now who trims or anneals pistol caliber brass that isn't a wildcat or oddball. Instead of 20 firings, if you get 10? Is $.0035 good enough to factor into your loading costs vs $.00175? I'm all a fan of the cheap but there are trade offs and I'm betting ½ life expectancy with the additional hardening from the extra working.

I use Hornady bullet feeder dies and long tubes on progressives not a turret.
I'm not sure how an MBF would work on a turret as it is a lot of mass to rotate with the turret/die plate.
It seems like it would slow down the reloading process of the press rather than speed it up, and a riser(s) may be needed under the powder drop to clear the mini MBF too.
Just a suggestion:
Maybe mock-up something the approximate weight/size/profile of the mini MBF, attaching it to a die, and try rotating it on the turret.
Another option would to buy a LABLP for $100 and you'll get a case feeder too...
Lee Breech Lock Pro
that's what I'd do,
:)

Thanks. Now that I see it again, I do recall seeing that video several months back, but at that time my brain was not engaged with the Mr Bullet Feeder concept. I see that he has 'stabilized' the feeder to the powder measure.

It would have been nice to hear some audio or description in that video of what was done to develop the mods; whether it was a set of commercially available pieces or a 'backyard build' of some pieces like the flipper, reverse-twist bar, and bullet ramp/tray. Since I saw this video, I did find that these were available from various vendors, however.

Thanks for reminding me of what I viewed earlier. :)

I use Hornady bullet feeder dies and long tubes on progressives not a turret.
I'm not sure how an MBF would work on a turret as it is a lot of mass to rotate with the turret/die plate.
It seems like it would slow down the reloading process of the press rather than speed it up, and a riser(s) may be needed under the powder drop to clear the mini MBF too.
Just a suggestion:
Maybe mock-up something the approximate weight/size/profile of the mini MBF, attaching it to a die, and try rotating it on the turret.
Another option would to buy a LABLP for $100 and you'll get a case feeder too...
Lee Breech Lock Pro
that's what I'd do,
:)
For the Lee BLP, go to the Lee Precision site and look for the remanufactured/2nds menu. Think I bought mine essentially new for under $90

Last Edited:
Thanks. I'd like to know what you find out. I have a few projects ahead of this one too, but I like to plan ahead.

First impressions:
A little rough at times and the rod and slide need time to work together and smooth out any burrs, binding spots etc.

I may get my Mothers Mag polish and work the slide and rod until it's smooth like silk.

I have not adjusted any of my dies on the tool heads yet but when I start reloading I may do it for .38, .357 or .223 to start. Should be rather easy, just flip the sizer and bullet seater for reverse operation.

I doubt I'll use it A LOT because the bulk calibers I load for go on the full progressive but I can see a benefit to .223 being used with it.

I've sparingly used some graphite (my Dad was a locksmith) on the original rod I have and it's as smooth as butter. :)

Thanks for the report-back.It'll be a few weeks before I can dive into this 'feature', but your advice it definately something to consider. :s0152:

I've sparingly used some graphite (my Dad was a locksmith) on the original rod I have and it's as smooth as butter.
Yeah, I have some bike chain lube that I use on the collar and rod. I just gotta get the thing smoothed out.

I'll try and load some .357 or .223 this weekend and give it a good run.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top