JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Reactions
I've been using Miller's Quarry for target practice and drills for a year now. I always pick up my own shells and garbage before I leave. I was out there this weekend and noticed how much crap is being left behind. Anyone interested in organizing a clean up day before the weather gets consistently bubblegumty?

I'm taking it on myself to try and organize it. I have not contacted a office source. I know they have done a clean up before involving the state BLM and state sanitation. So no, the gate will be closed. If anyone from the previous 2018 clean up can offer to help organize, that would greatly be appreciated

Even if we don't get state BLM or sanitation involved, I'd still like to get it done. Bring a wheel barrow and rake/shovel if you can. Ill supply garbage bags and haul as much garbage i can in my pickup. Thanks to all who have joined in so far. Let's get it done fellas. Oct 10th @ noon

I'll make a couple calls tomorrow to BLM and Dump Stoppers to see what their requirements, (restrictions!) are about COVID and group cleanups.

If we don't like those requirements, I'd suggest we just go clean it up without trying to include them in the project. It doesn't take a whole lot of people to make a big difference. We would just need to chip in and deal with the disposal ourselves.

Trash removal will be a challenge. We'll need some wagons and/or wheel barrows to haul the trash to the gate. From there, 1 or 2 pickups to make a dump run to the Sandy Landfill. Pay by the pound and it doesn't cost that much.

I'll check in tomorrow.

Bill

Dump Stoppers is in!!! Dave is a great guy! He has the key for the gate and will bring the big truck. Disposal is covered!

BLM is in! No special COVID requirements!

We're good to go! Let's do this thing!!!

I should clarify one thing... That part of the forest is currently closed to everyone. Including BLM employees. It's because of the nearby fire. HOWEVER... it's rumored, (amongst BLM officials), to be opening within a week. He was fairly confident that we will be fine with our cleanup date.

I should clarify one thing... That part of the forest is currently closed to everyone. Including BLM employees. It's because of the nearby fire. HOWEVER... it's rumored, (amongst BLM officials), to be opening within a week. He was fairly confident that we will be fine with our cleanup date.
Then I won't tell you I was up there last weekend running drills. :eek:o_O:p

One more contact I'll make is to the owner of the property along the river. I want to ask his permission to access his property for the purpose of scouting for trash and cleanup if we can. Should be able to contact him tomorrow. (He was okay with it 2 years ago and I'm sure it'll be okay this time.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews