JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome.
Local brick and mortar places to buy : Keiths, NW Armory, Curts, Oregon Rifle Works, Fisherman's, Sportsmans -- to name a few.
Places to Train : Get on the wait list for TCGC, seek our Cerberus here. There are many other trainers. I've had the good fortune to have some folk take me under their wing.
A lot of books don't make much sense until you dive into the pool.

Milk is also a gateway drug. Every single alcoholic, pot smoker, or needle junkie started with milk. Be careful!:eek:

By the way, were you aware that humans are the only species that drink milk as adults? It's probably not that important since we're also the only species that flies helicopters, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, it's a very serious place!
Gateway huh? It explains a lot that has occurred in my life over the years 😂

1693193143415.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

A real class goes along way rather than online . There is or was a very good one in Vancouver At a range ,but i dont remember the name of it .It was it was on safety and had live fire ,

Hello @Shuaduah. Welcome from the gun-totin' old broad contingent.

Milk is good for adult humans or not depending on the specific human. Baby mammals digest lactose, the sugar in milk, by means of the enzyme lactase, found in their small intestines. Most adult mammals don't produce lactase. However, a number of human populations that practiced dairying have evolved various genes in the regulatory section of DNA next to the gene that codes for lactase, and they continue making lactase as adults. If you lack genes for "persistent lactase" and drink milk, the lactose goes through your small intestine undigested and hits your gut, where various bacteria go crazy gobbling up the lactose and getting very happy. You get gas and the runs. You can still eat cheeses or fermented milk products because in cheese making the lactose goes into the whey, not the cheese. And in fermented products bacteria have eaten most of the lactose. However both dried milk and dried whey are added to many commercial processed foods and baked goods. Humans can also develop allergies to some of the proteins in milk. This can be species related. So if you are allergic to cow's milk cheese you may not be allergic to sheep, goat, or water buffalo cheeses.

Guns, like milk, are good for adult humans or not depending on the human. Sensible guys like you who make no bones about being beginners are likely to learn fast and do fine.
Cheers, Carol.

Last Edited:
Welcome from the Land of Evil Spirits!

Milk is doubly bad for me as I inherited an allergy to it from my son (long story). And I live in cow country, so am viewed with suspicion.

Well, here I am. The newest of newbies in every sense here. Never shot or owned a gun, but I'll be receiving my conceal carry license soon. Looking for places to buy, shoot and educate myself about guns (besides YouTube).
Welcome Noob! I was a noob to firearms just before finding NWFA in Nov 2011.
Interested in training? The Wife took training at the Clackamas County Sheriffs training center.
It was well worth the money for her, being a complete noob to guns. There area lot of people in your shoes taking these classes, so no need to worry about being the greenest of the bunch. Intimidation factor in the class was nil.

Welcome! Kudos to you for doing it right; safety is the number one most important thing.

I'm all for the right to bear arms, but it does worry me when I see those who know nothing about guns besides what they've seen on TV, buying guns. I wish all newbies had the great attitude about it that you do.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top