JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone else in Vancouver, WA at about 2145 see two blacked out military helos using their search lights? It was hard to tell the exact model but I'd venture to say it was a blackhawk. But then again I didn't get the best look at em. Caught as they were just going over some buildings. They were only about 75-100m off the deck.

Yeah this was down near Vancouver Lake. Definitely not their normal patrol pattern. I've worked nights down here for 3 years and never seen them like that. Was interesting.

Separate (but similar), I mentioned to someone that I noticed a lot more military helo activity in the North end of greater Seattle. Practice ops?

I'm not actively flying at this time, but I never used to see them using small airports such as Harvey Field (Snohomish) to refuel.

Peter

Some years ago one of them flew 100 feet over my urban home and circled several times at 100 feet. No markings whatsoever. When it left it looked headed right up I 5 towards the bases. I'm in Lacey

I've been seeing them pretty much every week to two weeks near my house. Seen Chinook's and what looked like apache's. Always flying north to south. I live near padden parkway and 162nd for what it's worth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yesterday (Wed. 10/25) there were two low passes over my home here in Aloha by Chinooks, one in the morning and one it the late afternoon. It's rare to see Chinooks, and I've never seen one come over so low before.

the c 130s were def air force the helos have been a mix of both af and usa my kids love to run out and wave at them they are that low, i hope one day they see them waveing and acknowlege them. i will never forget when i was a kid and the pilot swung around and the crew were waveing out the door back, and another time when i was playing t ball at keesler afb a harrier came and hovered by the field and we could see the pilot waveing

Complete overkill. When American males take to the streets to protest to the collapse of their standard of living and eventual starvation, the 98% will only have their purses in one hand and shaking their fist with the other. No need for killer choppers to put down the effeminate protestors and complainers. There will be some shouting and grumbling, then a return back to the TV for instructions on what to do next.

The fact that they were entirely unmarked and running blacked out was the interesting thing to me. The cobra pilots that supported us in Iraq did that but they were avoiding things. Like you know....7.62 fire and RPG's.

Here it makes no sense. Especially over a high pop area. There is plenty of places around here to train that don't spook the public. I just wish I knew their purpose.

The fact that they were entirely unmarked and running blacked out was the interesting thing to me... I just wish I knew their purpose.

To cause the aware among us to spend our time and energies wondering, and instill fear. Governments have a tendency to derive unwarranted power from people who worry and fear what is going on around them.

I have a friend that flies chinooks out of lewis and they run training all the time. Probably with the accidents they've had they may be branching out. But also peeking through the woods doesn't do much to train you for urban warfare.
Ie. pakistan, korea, iraq, astan, etc

Not to mention they do a lot to help with urban rescues (hurricane katrina)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top