JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would be OK, in this thread, to post a picture of your feat in them :D
I will as soon as my left hip gets back into its socket. Been out over a week and could only try on the right boot. Six hors a night rotating ice packs and heat during the day. I may have to go see my chiropractor if it doesn't get better soon. Currently using a cane.

Mine showed up last night.
Bates, recommended.

For those who wanted a zipper boot, the enclosed catalog had an LAPG version for $30.
There are other speed lace systems out there -

And you may want to put a pair or two away for spicy times, bogaloo etc.

Very good thoughts. I concur with the same ideas and thinking.

I can say these boots are made well. I've owned and worn dozens of pairs of boots from major military suppliers (Bates, Corcoran, Danner, and a few others). These are top notch and won't be dissolving from sitting in a box. Leather, canvas, and really well made soles with heavy duty stitching and nice laces.

These are hot weather (think "jungle" boots - leather and canvas with water drain holes) boots. I bought 2 pairs, and 4 more. I figure if worn regularly in summer for training and hiking, each pair should last a few years. A set for the vehicle trunks, leaves me with probably 2+ decades of hot weather boots for about $150. The investment is so low that there's no reason to not get them IMHO if they fit.

@Saffir

I received my boots today. They fit well width wise but I need to find some insoles since they are a bit loose. I am wearing boot socks already.

3284E10F-CE1F-4376-A95E-6E0A3292F2E3.jpeg

You should set back several pairs of boots. Good boots are very important.

Finding quality low priced boots is a challenge. When I do find quality products of any type, I tend to set back extras. Boots are something I keep a lot of pairs of.

I found these Bates boots. Bates is a high quality boot maker, and provide military boots to our GIs. I had some Bates in the service and know their high standards.

I found these discounted to only $30. That's a steal. They're normally over $100 and everywhere else I've seen them they are between $110 to $150.
They have limited sizes however.

Ordering clothing and boots/shoes online is a fitment challenge. Military boots are NOTORIOUSLY not sized correctly. I took a gamble.

I normally wear 11W to 11.5 running shoes. [My normal military boot size is as low as 9.5 to 11 and each company is somewhere between, hence the challenge]. I ordered 2 pair of 11.5 standard width and they are a perfect fitment. Very high quality and comfortable. Wearing them around the house now to break in. VERY IMPRESSED for thirty dollars. So I quickly ordered 4 more pair.

I would go with your typical running shoe size from Nike, Adidas, etc. or maybe go 1/2 size larger. Hopefully they have your size!

If you've read this far, as a bonus I found two different coupon codes that worked for me.
10% off code: textlapg10
If that fails use 5% off code lapg or lapg5

[IF you cannot find your size, they also have a few closeout house brand boots for $30 or $40 each, but I have no opinion on those.]
I like them LAGear peoples

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top