JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you. I hope they still have them in stock. I am really torn between the two sizes, btut really want to buy a pair at that price.

Well, go with the 11.5 IMO. If you wear an 11, like me, you won't fit into a 10.5. I ordered 11.5 and they are a perfect fit.

When I originally ordered, I figured I'd order 2 pairs. If they fit, it was a great deal. If I needed to return them, it's the same cost and hassle to return 1 as it is 2 pairs. I ended up with 2 great pair, and am so impressed I ordered 4 more. Like I mentioned, when I find a great deal I tend to stack it deep... Boots are something that I really value having and I rarely find good boots less than $100. At this price it's a no-brainer to have several.

Last Edited:
So they still have 10.5's and 11.5's. I normally wear an 11, but got a pair of Merells 11.5's

You can always wear a heavier pair of socks with shoes that are a half size too large. But you can't do much about a shoe that is a half size too small. Even with a heavier sock, you don't want your foot slopping around any. Good fit is important. That's why I say I don't like to buy footwear unless I can try it on first. And maybe take it back if I wear it around the house for a few hours and it doesn't feel right.

One other thing about fit. I've found out and gotten agreement as to same from a few friends of mine who've gotten along in age. Your foot tends to spread out some as you get older. And people put on weight. Keep this in mind when stocking up.

About those shoes of any kind with a thin, soft sole. You hit gravel just right with those and it's murder on your feet. Excuse my harping about age but it's something that I now have some experience with. Your feet take a beating over the years and it tends to pile up. It's not uncommon for elders to have foot problems. Take care of your feet, make them last. Wearing cheap, badly designed or ill-fitting shoes doesn't take care of your feet. My advice is to get the most robust shoe you can stand for general use. Don't wear running shoes as general purpose is my advice. If you're gonna wear those, stick to flat surfaces with no imperfections.

A steel BB is what, .177 diameter? Ever kneel on one of those on a concrete floor? I have, and it hurts way out of proportion to its size. If you are wearing a running shoe with a thin, soft sole and step on a random piece of gravel sitting on concrete, it hurts your foot just like kneeling on a BB. Difference being, your foot has to support half of your body weight. It doesn't like such abuse.

One of my very best friends wears cowboy boots. Those are a discussion for another time.

Before you toss your comfortable old set a whatevers, consider tossing them in your trunk or whatever, socks too.
It'd suck having to hike fiddy miles in oxfords or flipflops in inclement weather.

yeahbutt flip-flops, black PJ's, a coolie-hat, and some cold rat meat and rice.... your set for some Cong insurgency ops for at LEAST a month.

You can always wear a heavier pair of socks with shoes that are a half size too large. But you can't do much about a shoe that is a half size too small. Even with a heavier sock, you don't want your foot slopping around any. Good fit is important. That's why I say I don't like to buy footwear unless I can try it on first. And maybe take it back if I wear it around the house for a few hours and it doesn't feel right.

One other thing about fit. I've found out and gotten agreement as to same from a few friends of mine who've gotten along in age. Your foot tends to spread out some as you get older. And people put on weight. Keep this in mind when stocking up.

About those shoes of any kind with a thin, soft sole. You hit gravel just right with those and it's murder on your feet. Excuse my harping about age but it's something that I now have some experience with. Your feet take a beating over the years and it tends to pile up. It's not uncommon for elders to have foot problems. Take care of your feet, make them last. Wearing cheap, badly designed or ill-fitting shoes doesn't take care of your feet. My advice is to get the most robust shoe you can stand for general use. Don't wear running shoes as general purpose is my advice. If you're gonna wear those, stick to flat surfaces with no imperfections.

A steel BB is what, .177 diameter? Ever kneel on one of those on a concrete floor? I have, and it hurts way out of proportion to its size. If you are wearing a running shoe with a thin, soft sole and step on a random piece of gravel sitting on concrete, it hurts your foot just like kneeling on a BB. Difference being, your foot has to support half of your body weight. It doesn't like such abuse.

One of my very best friends wears cowboy boots. Those are a discussion for another time.
^^^^^^^^^ YES! E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!!! ^^^^^^^^^

100% truth, right there. I can attest to all of it!
At 20, 30, 40, 50 I wore size 10's. At 56, I now wear size 11's.
Excellent post gmerkt. :s0155:

Dean

I got partway through the OP and went to check on availability... 1 pr of 11.5s are on the way.

Maybe a little TOO impetuous since I hadn't yet seen the coupon codes posted. Oops.

My boot size largely depends on the brand and style... somewhere between 10.5 and the 12s I'm wearing now.

If these won't work for me I'll probably post em up for sale here... need another pair, @leadcounsel ?

I bought my military boots that are waterproof going on 5 years now. They are somewhat expensive but if you spread them out over 5 years they were cheap. I wear an 11 but reading the sizing spec I had to order 10.5 instead. Also ordered boot socks and wore them in the house until I broke them in.

Belleville 700 Men's Waterproof Boot - Free Size Exchanges

I've worn issued Belleville military boots and those have lasted 5+ years. Bates is a similar quality boot.

Apples to oranges comparison here, with the Belleville's being cold wet resistant and these Bates being hot weather boots. I still have plenty of cold weather boots. I would never (willingly) pay $200 for a pair of boots, which is where that link goes. That's why I just stocked up, and encourage others to, on $30 boots. After the discount, taxes, shipping these are around $30 each. Amortization is a good way of looking at it. Assuming these Bates last say 3 years (and I think that's very reasonable), that's 36 months or less than $1 per month of ownership...

Just ordered 2 pair. Thanks for the intel...
The "try20" code worked, each pair came in at $24. Yeah, that's a good deal.
Surprised they had 11.5 in stock...most sizes are gone.

Thanks, I was hesitant since not waterproof like I prefer but these are 4-5 times more most other places. I figure I can wear summer and spring. I have 5 pairs water proof boots so I got 3 of these and 4 trauma packs for $7 each,usually much more.

I've worn issued Belleville military boots and those have lasted 5+ years. Bates is a similar quality boot.

Apples to oranges comparison here, with the Belleville's being cold wet resistant and these Bates being hot weather boots. I still have plenty of cold weather boots. I would never (willingly) pay $200 for a pair of boots, which is where that link goes. That's why I just stocked up, and encourage others to, on $30 boots. After the discount, taxes, shipping these are around $30 each. Amortization is a good way of looking at it. Assuming these Bates last say 3 years (and I think that's very reasonable), that's 36 months or less than $1 per month of ownership...

Yes the price is great so I ordered a pair too.

Last Edited:
These are a great value.
I already have a pair, they're comfortable, wear well and are durable. Since determining all that prior info, I *never* wear them. When I get back to Portland, I'll have to check my boot stash to see if I haven't donated them out.

In reality, here in PNW, I am always somewhere that water is an issue so prefer to wear boots that I can oil to keep waterproof. Even in flipflops, my feet sweat - hence I carry 2 extra pair of socks while out on hikes. Fellow hikers have laughed at me stopping and changing socks, and by the end of the hike, they'll realize the wisdom of that habit.

Well, go with the 11.5 IMO. If you wear an 11, like me, you won't fit into a 10.5. I ordered 11.5 and they are a perfect fit.

When I originally ordered, I figured I'd order 2 pairs. If they fit, it was a great deal. If I needed to return them, it's the same cost and hassle to return 1 as it is 2 pairs. I ended up with 2 great pair, and am so impressed I ordered 4 more. Like I mentioned, when I find a great deal I tend to stack it deep... Boots are something that I really value having and I rarely find good boots less than $100. At this price it's a no-brainer to have several.

Just got my three Bates boot pairs today. These are NIIIIICE! Wish I would have bought more of them. Good for summer training/bug out scenarios. Thanks!

I bought a couple pairs because I'm a sucker for a good deal. Got them today and I couldn't imagine doing any real work in them. Zero ankle support and no shank. I feel bad for our service members if these are really what they wear for God knows how many hours a day over however many miles.

They will be great for yard work and whatnot when I don't want to mess up my good boots.

Still a great deal and I'm happy I bought them, they just aren't enough boot to be doing boot stuff in them IMO.

Just got my three Bates boot pairs today. These are NIIIIICE! Wish I would have bought more of them. Good for summer training/bug out scenarios. Thanks!

Very happy you got them and are pleased. I love passing along good deals to others.

I received the other 4 pairs of boots today. I've received 6 pairs total, inspected them all carefully, and have been wearing 1 pair for a few days. I set back the other 5 pairs for future needs. These boots are simply excellent and comfortable.

After tax, shipping, and discounts these were about $30 each. $30 for high quality summer weather military compliant boots that normally retail for north of $100 to $150, is a heck of a deal. I can't think of a better retail deal on gear I've gotten in a long time.

If they are still on discount and still have your size these come with my highest recommendation.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top