JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a couple pairs because I'm a sucker for a good deal. Got them today and I couldn't imagine doing any real work in them. Zero ankle support and no shank. I feel bad for our service members if these are really what they wear for God knows how many hours a day over however many miles.

They will be great for yard work and whatnot when I don't want to mess up my good boots.

Still a great deal and I'm happy I bought them, they just aren't enough boot to be doing boot stuff in them IMO.

Interesting observations. As for the ankle support, they seem to me to provide exactly the amount of ankle support a 8" laced boot with a canvas upper would imply. Too much ankle support leads to knee injuries, since your ankle is too locked and immobile. Ankles and knees work in tandem. Ankles bend sideways. Knees don't. If you stumble sideways you WANT your ankle to be somewhat flexible. If your ankle can't give a little, you risk a knee injury because your knee only bends in one direction. Ankle joint is different. I find these have perfect ankle support.

As to a shank, the boot didn't advertise a shank. So I wasn't expecting one. None of my military boots offered shanks and I've never found that a lacking feature. There are pros and cons to a shank. Added weight is one drawback. Too much rigidity and lack of flexibility is another drawback. I don't find these boots needing of a shank. They have fairly rigid soles. I'll take them on some aggressive mountain hikes in the near future and put them to the test. I think they'll be up to the task.

Very happy you got them and are pleased. I love passing along good deals to others.

I received the other 4 pairs of boots today. I've received 6 pairs total, inspected them all carefully, and have been wearing 1 pair for a few days. I set back the other 5 pairs for future needs. These boots are simply excellent and comfortable.

After tax, shipping, and discounts these were about $30 each. $30 for high quality summer weather military compliant boots that normally retail for north of $100 to $150, is a heck of a deal. I can't think of a better retail deal on gear I've gotten in a long time.

If they are still on discount and still have your size these come with my highest recommendation.

Even though they are tan and not waterproof, this is a steal of a deal. I am thinking of getting another 3, they still have some in stock. I'm wearing them right now (11.5 size) with a thick pair of wool socks and they fit great, SUPER comfortable. I normally wear a size 12 tennis or dress shoe. Yeah I think I will get another 3 and put them away.These are great for walking on dirt roads in the boonies in the summer. And rugged boots, water proof or not, are always good for SHTF wear. Sure beats wearing trail runners....

The first thing I noticed about the boots is the comfort and ankle support. They protect my ankles from getting banged up or bent too much. For those reading don't let this dissuade you. They are freaking $30. I'm planning on doing a timed ruck march in the near future, I think I might wear these since foot injuries seem to be a key thing that people have a hard time with during marches with heavy packs. Been wearing my pack around the house to condition my shoulders in preparation. Will wear these when doing it from now on.

I wonder how easily these get wet inside...I do have four pairs of water proof boots including one from Columbia that is rated for extreme temperatures (like -50 degrees or something like that from what I remember) but man if these are tough to get wet inside it's an even better deal.

Interesting observations. As for the ankle support, they seem to me to provide exactly the amount of ankle support a 8" laced boot with a canvas upper would imply. Too much ankle support leads to knee injuries, since your ankle is too locked and immobile. Ankles and knees work in tandem. Ankles bend sideways. Knees don't. If you stumble sideways you WANT your ankle to be somewhat flexible. If your ankle can't give a little, you risk a knee injury because your knee only bends in one direction. Ankle joint is different. I find these have perfect ankle support.

As to a shank, the boot didn't advertise a shank. So I wasn't expecting one. None of my military boots offered shanks and I've never found that a lacking feature. There are pros and cons to a shank. Added weight is one drawback. Too much rigidity and lack of flexibility is another drawback. I don't find these boots needing of a shank. They have fairly rigid soles. I'll take them on some aggressive mountain hikes in the near future and put them to the test. I think they'll be up to the task.

Smoking deal no doubt, and boots are one thing I don't mind spending money on, i just wouldnt pay full retail for these. $24, all day long though.

For hard use, these could get you by, short term in a pinch. I just wouldn't recommend them for a dedicated hiking boot.

Just my honest observation. Thanks for the link.

I wonder how easily these get wet inside...I do have four pairs of water proof boots including one from Columbia that is rated for extreme temperatures (like -50 degrees or something like that from what I remember) but man if these are tough to get wet inside it's an even better deal.
I suspect they'll get wet very easily. They have water drainage holes and are largely canvas in several areas. Above probably 1-2" of standing water your feet will get soaked. But drain and dry relatively quickly is the design idea.

I suspect they'll get wet very easily. They have water drainage holes and are largely canvas in several areas. Above probably 1-2" of standing water your feet will get soaked. But drain and dry relatively quickly is the design idea.

I can epoxy the drainage holes but it would defeat the hot weather aspect of them. Then again I can get waterproof socks....although to buy several pairs of water proof socks at $25 each I might as well buy another pair of waterproof boots. I think I'll leave these for summer wear since that's when I do most of my camping and day excursions...not all...but most.

A little spray-on water-repellent will solve much of occasional rain events and you can always plug the drain holes temporarily.

For hiking, I have a pair of Dexter Hiking boots for hiking through the Olympic's and foot protection at many Rock concerts. I have several hundred miles on them and they are still hiking worthy and very comfortable.. No sign of sole deterioration that people are talking about lately. The leather needs another coat of Mink Oil or conditioner. Maybe just better materials.

I purchased them from the Navy Exchange at a very reasonable price in 1975.

My boots are at the St Helens Post Office, since they don't deliver if they have to get out of their vehicle or back-up to turn around. Made many complaints to the Postmaster General and they won't budge. I even asked Amazon to make a shipping selection that includes only UPS or FedEx, even if it cost a little more. If UPS/FedEx can get their big trucks up here and turn them around, why can't USPS turn their little cars/rigs around? Brand new resurfaced blacktop and 40' x 25' compacted gravel for extra parking and turning around. I will pick them up tomorrow.:(

I liked these boots and prices so much, yeah, I just ordered 3 more pair... the 10% off code still works.

Happy with 9 pair, for about the price of 1 or 2 normal retail, and it is fantastic.

Just ordered 3 more so I'll have 6. Also ordered a couple hundred dollars of other items on close out. Some of the reviews on Amazon show these falling apart pretty quickly. Oddly enough I kind of wondered about that a bit looking at the back of them and sure enough people posted pics of that and other areas falling apart. Would I pay $150 for them like some places have them? NOPE. But for $30 and light weight and requiring almost no break in because they are so comfy, heck YES.

Just ordered 3 more so I'll have 6. Also ordered a couple hundred dollars of other items on close out. Some of the reviews on Amazon show these falling apart pretty quickly. Oddly enough I kind of wondered about that a bit looking at the back of them and sure enough people posted pics of that and other areas falling apart. Would I pay $150 for them like some places have them? NOPE. But for $30 and light weight and requiring almost no break in because they are so comfy, heck YES.

Yup, I read those same reviews when I thoroughly looked into these before I bought my first pair. But on my inspection I see no obviously weak seams or spots of concern. I fully agree with you that $150 is way too much. Around the net, I think the lowest price is about $100. If I needed this style boot I would pay $75 per pair. Maybe $100. $30 is a steal. All of my athletic shoes are minimum $50 and I only buy those on sale. Footwear is expensive and these are fantastic.

I'm adding a pair in each of my vehicle trunk bags. And will have 2 pair to rotate thru for training and normal wear and hiking. The rest go into inventory/closet.

Yup, I read those same reviews when I thoroughly looked into these before I bought my first pair. But on my inspection I see no obviously weak seams or spots of concern. I fully agree with you that $150 is way too much. Around the net, I think the lowest price is about $100. If I needed this style boot I would pay $75 per pair. Maybe $100. $30 is a steal. All of my athletic shoes are minimum $50 and I only buy those on sale. Footwear is expensive and these are fantastic.

I'm adding a pair in each of my vehicle trunk bags. And will have 2 pair to rotate thru for training and normal wear and hiking. The rest go into inventory/closet.

You raise a good point about trunk boots. I have a pair of water proof boots from Walmart I keep in my trunk along with Get Home Bag, sleeping bag, water proof jacket, down jacket, sleeping bag, food, water etc. They wore on the inside against my heel and are not that comfy. When those go kaput I'll put one of these in there. Nice thing about these is they don't feel heavy like boots. The comfort is ridiculous. I'd hate to have to hump 40 miles with a pack and my Walmart boots.

You raise a good point about trunk boots. I have a pair of water proof boots from Walmart I keep in my trunk along with Get Home Bag, sleeping bag, water proof jacket, down jacket, sleeping bag, food, water etc. They wore on the inside against my heel and are not that comfy. When those go kaput I'll put one of these in there. Nice thing about these is they don't feel heavy like boots. The comfort is ridiculous. I'd hate to have to hump 40 miles with a pack and my Walmart boots.

Exactly. If you don't need heavy water proof boots, then that's just extra weight. Seasonally, these are summer and dry climate. Light weight. Could do a lot of miles comfortably on these. In the winter or during rainy season I'd swap out for cold weather water resistant boots.

My order was canceled twice now and I am not going to try a third time. Do I need to be in law enforcement for my order to go through?

I had no problems ordering personally (through a cell phone and with a prepaid card if that makes a difference) Hoping mine show up soon, need to break them in before camping season :D

Thanks @leadcounsel for the heads up on this deal!

My order was canceled twice now and I am not going to try a third time. Do I need to be in law enforcement for my order to go through?

No you don't. They would have asked you for verifying information. But if you're not going to try a third time why does it matter? Are you sure your credit card didn't get declined because of suspicious activity? It happened to me a few times recently.

No you don't. They would have asked you for verifying information. But if you're not going to try a third time why does it matter? Are you sure your credit card didn't get declined because of suspicious activity? It happened to me a few times recently.

So I called LA Police Gear and spoke to a nice lady and she spoke to her supervisor and the order went through. The first order I used PayPal but my email for LA Police Gear was different so the it why the canceled the first order. So I tried again using my credit card and it was still canceled. I am not sure why but everything is good now. :D

Got my boots today, and the 11.5s are a little big for my 11 feet. An innersole should take up the extra room. Nice boots, but one is perfect and the other is bordering on a second. I will see how they last.

The do have a good arch support unlike what others have mentioned and the soles are sturdy. Very light boots.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top