JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Proof that money can buy Gun Laws...

Gun control proponent Michael Bloomberg is donating $80 million to Democrat candidates in hopes of flipping the House of Representatives to a pro-gun control position.

He announced his intentions via Twitter:

"Congress has failed, legislatively & constitutionally. We need new leadership that will re-assert Congress as a co-equal branch of government. In the midterm elections, I will be supporting Democrats & their bid to take over the House. My full statement: https://mikebloom.bg/2Kav5Ab"

Bloomberg posted a more thorough announcement to MikeBloomberg.com, where he bemoaned Republican refusal to punish law-abiding gun owners for the behavior of criminals who misuse firearms.

Bloomberg wrote, "Republicans, who control both houses of Congress, have done little to reach across the aisle to craft bipartisan solutions–not only on guns and climate change, but also on jobs, immigration, health care, and infrastructure. As a result, Congress has done very little."

He went on to intimate that Republicans have refused to "prevent the abuse of power, and preserve the rule of law."

He said, "And so this fall, I'm going to support Democrats in their efforts to win control of the House."

Bloomberg did have praise for two Republicans–Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), whom he referred to as his "friend," and Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), whom he praised for breaking with the NRA and supporting post-Sandy Hook gun controls, which would not have prevented the Sandy Hook Elementary School attack.

Good thing the 99%ers have this 0.01%er to tell them what to do and how to live their lives. I hope every cent goes down the drain.

I'll agree on one thing, Congress is failing. The republicans have a super majority, yet they are pandering to the left and not getting bubblegum done like they could. We got tax reform.... now let's work on taking back some lost liberties and cleaning house.

A lot of folks agree that Bloomberg wants the Presidency. He is doing this to buy favor with more folks in the Democrat party, believing gun control is the way to make his name with them. Rumor originally was he would run as an independent, but knows that will never work - he's going to have to be part of a major party, and considering how he's screwed over so many Republicans, he's going to have to buy the support of the Dems.

I'll agree on one thing, Congress is failing. The republicans have a super majority, yet they are pandering to the left and not getting bubblegum done like they could. We got tax reform.... now let's work on taking back some lost liberties and cleaning house.

Not a super majority, but a thin majority. You can't pass legislation with a simple 51% vote because of cloture. Cloture requires 2/3 of all legislators present to pass a bill*, so they need the Democrats to support legislation as well. So far, the Republicans have been hesitant to use the so called "nuclear option" and suspend cloture, unlike the previously Democrat controlled Congress.

*EDIT Cloture allows for a filibuster by those opposing legislation to be stopped by a 2/3 vote of those present. Without that 2/3 in agreement the opposition will filibuster a bill they disagree with until time runs out for legislation.

Last Edited:
Money may be able to buy gun control, cause that's what you get with full time professional politicians... Something the Founding Fathers understood, that's why Congress was a part time job...

Imagine Bloomberg as president? No guns, no soft drinks... I can imagine far worse. Lincoln saved this nation from a civil war, Bloomberg could be the catalyst to the next one...

Folks, the III% are going to be forced to act once again to free this nation from the tyrannical grips of its masters and restore this great Republic to its former glory...

Money may be able to buy gun control, cause that's what you get with full time professional politicians... Something the Founding Fathers understood, that's why Congress was a part time job...

Imagine Bloomberg as president? No guns, no soft drinks... I can imagine far worse. Lincoln saved this nation from a civil war, Bloomberg could be the catalyst to the next one...

Folks, the III% are going to be forced to act once again to free this nation from the tyrannical grips of its masters and restore this great Republic to its former glory...

It makes me sad, but I have to agree with you on this.

Not a super majority, but a thin majority. You can't pass legislation with a simple 51% vote because of cloture. Cloture requires 2/3 of all legislators present to pass a bill, so they need the Democrats to support legislation as well. So far, the Republicans have been hesitant to use the so called "nuclear option" and suspend cloture, unlike the previously Democrat controlled Congress.
Unfortunately the republicans in Congress have no spine and simply are pandering to whatever direction the wind happens to be blowing. Conservatives in this state as well as country are responsible, they seldom get out the vote, that seriously needs to change. If we want a shift in Salem, Olympia or D.C., conservatives have to get off their lazy azzes and vote...

Unfortunately the republicans in Congress have no spine and simply are pandering to whatever direction the wind happens to be blowing. Conservatives in this state as well as country are responsible, they seldom get out the vote, that seriously needs to change. If we want a shift in Salem, Olympia or D.C., conservatives have to get off their lazy azzes and vote...

I agree - we have done this to ourselves by our own inaction. Life has been so good that we took our eyes off the ball.

They don't have a super majority in the senate and I don't believe that they technically do in the house.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top