JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would hope that nobody on NWFA is enough of a chode to do this, but...
Was driving back down to the highway today, and three of the six cars I passed that were coming up didn't move over, they just stayed in the middle of the road. Now, I put my truck as far into the bush as I can to let people by, even got it stuck in the snow a few times (yay 4 wheel drive). I would expect the same common courtesy from anyone else using that narrow road.
I'd specifically like to call out the idiot in a red 90s Cadillac that looked like the trunk was full of dead bodies. We're not in bubbleguming England, drive on the proper damn side of the road!
If you do that again, we're trading paint.
End rant, thanks for reading.

Remember when oncoming traffic used to slow down on gravel roads when they passed you to keep from blasting both rigs with debris? I still do, but only a few return the favor.

Ever back down a forest road with a Mack truck two feet off your nose? I have! Log truck driver are some of the most talented or craziest drivers on planet earth! There are more and more folks driving up those roads who think they are on I-5. You have to be aware at every corner and you should slow down and tuck over at every meet. Play nice people!

Here's a prime example of the lunacy I see in my travels. A few years back I was doing a timber boundary job up big creek up in knappa. We camped during the week and packed and headed back down the coast to home for the weekends. One Friday evening finished work late. We finished packing up camp around 8, and headed down the creek. Parts of big creek mainline has rock sides and sharp corners. I'm calling out mile posts on the cb on my way down. S.O.P. on logging roads. As I'm cruising round one of these sharp blind turns in the road. Theres a pickup stopped in the middle of my side of the road. Slammed the breaks but still ran square into the front of this pickup. Still pretty shook up I get out to check on the other rigs occupants. It's a little ford ranger with four 19 or 20 year old girls. They're ok it turns out and after a bit of chatting and a bit of cussing on my part. Come to find out they're headed up to party for the weekend. And get this, driver says oh yeah I saw you coming do I stopped.
These corners are wide on the outside, her side, so trucks n such can pass. She didn't use that part of the road, unfortunately.

Then it went bad.
While I was trying to get other drivers info. Up the road behind her comes several rigs full of kids headed for the same party. Several guys jump out of rigs, they push her truck around and hook up a strap and off they go back down the road. Her rig was less than a week old so no license plates.
Her rig was messed up bad mine had damage to the radiator so it wouldn't hold water long, it took quite awhile to get down the creek. with the constant stops to top it off.
I was worried bout getting sued by her. cause even tho i couldn't het her info. i had given her mine. Come to find out she'd hid it in a barn, and their little group had sworn to secrecy bout the whole ordeal. So, hard as I tried I couldn't find her.
almost a month later I got a call from her slightly pissed off dad. Who'd Apparently gotten a pretty ridiculous story from his daughter. After our little chat on the phone, he says I figured it was something like that. she wouldnt tell him where her truck was and her story had changed a few times, before he called bullbubblegum, and she kinda fessed and finally gave him my Buisness card and rig info I'd given her.
Ends up we had same insurance company. And as I was told by my agent my policy would fix her truck and her would pay mine. My rig took just short of 300 to fix. Her rig, however cost my policy just shy of seven grand.

I thought it was going to be a bycicle story when I saw the title. Something along the lines of them telling you to share the road... while they are blocking/hogging all of it.

Similar to the super intolerant people telling you that you need to be more tollerant. I think these type of people are all related.

One of the reasons I like to avoid Memalouse and the more popular, wall-known spots.

That, and you don't know who you may be running into out there. You hope it's decent human beings that know how to operate their firearm safely, but that's not always the case on both the former and the latter.

Wonder how well that would have worked out for them, had they done the same to a logging truck.

A logging truck driver would have run their *** rightfully off the narrow road. There are plenty of signs in certain places stating logging trucks have the right of way. It's an unspoken rule that the bigger vehicle has the right of way in places like that. It's too bad morons these days either don't care or know better.

you say you hit a parked car?

Hehehe
I wouldn't say "parked" she stopped in what would be my lane (her left) if logging roads had lanes. Literally just around a sharp right (my right, her left) hand turn, the road is wide on these turns but all turnout on the creek side, rock walls or high cuts on the other, she said she saw me coming and just stopped.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top