JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes you can still shot up hillock. Someone really needs to make a thread dedicated to the hillock side. This thread is way to confusing.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Yes you can still shot up hillock. Someone really needs to make a thread dedicated to the hillock side. This thread is way to confusing.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

If there's already a recent thread will you turn off the Tapatalk signature?;) http://www.northwestfirearms.com/outdoor-shooting-areas/88786-hillockburn-road-up-gravel-pit.html

You can still shoot on the Memaloose side, just not for the first 6.8 miles unless there are new prohibitions I am unaware of.

According to the Forest service website, Memaloose rd aka rd 45 will be close until the 28th of this month. They close it off for the "safety of the forest service workers" periodically, and it makes sense that they do, considering some of the dumb A s s es I have seen up there. So, after the 28th it should be open again.

The gate is in place to protect loggers working in the area between the gate and the pit. There are signs up that say this and it is true. The gate will be removed / opened when their work is complete. There is no legal place to shoot on the road before the pit, so there is nowhere to go up Memaloose right now. People have been shooting around the gate area illegally and leaving a bunch of trash there, which is not helpful.

Went out to Hillock and ran into a lot of snow. Memo louse is still closed and sign at the bottom said closed until June 1.
I did see a number of logging equipment on the Hillock side so they are up there.

We are taking a number high school kids from church out to go learn how to shoot hand guns and riffle.
Problem is I don't have a place to take them. If you know a spot, even it is just 50 yd, would you please share that we me?
You can send via PM and that info will stay with me.
Thanks for your input,
Pete

I was out in the area today, and noticed there was no sign at the bottom of the road so we went up. There was a couple of shooters at the big pit, but more pickers than anyone. I only went up to the area right above the big pit. I shot a little bit there. People picking up brass is becoming a more popular thing. Lately I've been asked a couple of times while I'm shooting, do you care if I pick up your brass?

Tweek Tweek!!!!!!!!!!!:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads