JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy F Batman...

There are some crazy brass trolls up memaloose already. Just ran up last night to squeeze off a couple test loads for the 458 and ran into 3 pairs of pickers. One of which looked to be a pretty scary bunch. That place is getting bad!

I was just up there this last Sunday afternoon, solo trip. Weather was incredible, lots of people heading up to the top.

A skunk even tried to chase me outta my spot! Big boy too :)

I only have 1 shooting buddy, and solo trips up there can get a lil sketchy at times. PM me if anybody wants to meet up or something!

Jes

Anyone been up there recently, i plan to go on Wednesday, but don't want to have driving issues and would rather wait till the snow and ice is gone.

Lol. Just messing with you dude. Its 100% totally clear. Cars will have zero problem. Unless you don't want to take your car up the gravel section ~300 ft long.

I drive up there in my little old Camry, with a crappy alignment lol. The only thing sketchy about that road is watching out for the jumbo tron diesel trucks bombing up and down.

Last Edited:
.... watching out for the jumbo tron diesel trucks bombing up and down.
No kidding. I was heading down after a morning shoot and going around one of the many blind corners when a big 'ol pick-up with at least 35s on it came flying around the corner on my "side". I ripped the wheel to the right and up onto the side embankment and kept going. Good thing I was in a Cherokee. Very close. Many places are only 1-1/2 cars wide so watch it.

How bad would it be for a lowered car? My car's really low, I have 3" from frame to ground but my exhaust hangs super low, probably 1.5" lol. And how crowded does it get? I'm looking for a place just to plink with my .22 and maybe my Glock that's close to Portland. I like being alone or with a friend or two :x haha

That low may cause a bit of an issue. There is one spot that's about 1-2 hundred yards that's gravel with a bump on either end. It gets very crowded up there.

Yeah I figured, I guess I could walk that last stretch but I wouldn't want to make multiple trips. Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can get a ride with someone then. I was out in Central Oregon over the weekend and found a nice area to shoot and I saw 8 other guys who were packing up as I showed up, wish I could find a place like that around here, guess I'm antisocial heh

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top