JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have only come up on the Green bridge side, so I don't know about the other side. I do know that from the bridge you must drive 6.7 miles to get to the main pit. Beyond that, just up the road past the main pit is another little spot, but it has always been full whenever I have gone up.
I would like to know the other way to get up to a spot from the other side. Can someone post a google map with the route, and other spots to shoot?

Thanks

i'm lost i think, your saying the first shooting spot , where the road is still paved, where i sat and chatted with the nice gent with the fancy lights on his truck, and the shiny badge ... thats the spot where its illeagle to shoot?

The gent with the fancy light and the shiny thing on his chest otherwise know as a sheriff's deputy Johansen informed me and my crew one day that those 2 "shooting spots" are not shooting spots. I'm not telling you that you or anyone can not shoot there because I don't have that authority, but you wont catch me shooting at any of those spots.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I was up there today and the road is still closed at the bridge. The sign on the bridge said it would be close until 2/4/12. As of today it was still closed.

Hmmm, quite an old thread.

Does anyone have an update on memaloose's current conditions? I was up shooting near estacada off of Judd Rd; word of advise...don't go there. Cops came and almost arrested us, apparently that area is private property and for somebody as careful as I to not know that is ridiculous. No signs, no nothing. Just don't go there. Anyway, memaloose conditions?

I was up shooting near estacada off of Judd Rd; word of advise...don't go there. Cops came and almost arrested us, apparently that area is private property and for somebody as careful as I to not know that is ridiculous. No signs, no nothing.

icon_eek.gif

If it's the same place I'm looking at on Google Maps, that is nowhere near public lands... I would say you are not quite as careful as you think you are. You can't just go driving around between cities and stop anywhere that looks good to shoot, check the maps first! Google Maps has all the National Forest land mapped, although it doesn't show BLM stuff(which can have restrictions as well) but there are other options for that(ODFW Hunting Access Map shows BLM land as yellow, and shows that public land in large amounts does not start until a few miles east of Estacada).

I just finished my AR build and want to go up there and shoot. Does anybody know how much snow there is up there and how hard it is to pass currently? Unfortunately I only have 2WD.

went up hillock burn road today, was going to go all the way to the pit, but did not feel like the 5 mile grind in 4x4 with chains on all 4 would be worth it.. after watching some fool stick his truck and trailer with 3 quads i gave up and went back to a lower spot, met some nice folks, spent the day shooting with them, Daneal and girlfriend , sorry for got her name, and nick and another guy.. Nick is on here say hi , forgot your handle alraedy... my new steel was ringing very nice had it out at around 40 yards was ringing it regular and often with both the glock and the taurus .357.. the scoped .22 was a riot... now,,, the closer target.. 1/4 mild steel is shot to sh*t wow, we hit it with .22lr, .223 , 30-30 ,9mm, .357, .40, and .45 it is acctually bent close to 45degrees... and has a BUNCH of holes Daniel won the accuracy with his .223 ar.. nice gun eotech was rocking... I won for pistols with the glock... and one of the girls won the noisy cricket shoot... thats a .38 o/u derringer at 5 paces... she got 2 rounds in the"target" and 1 just about an inch off dead center.... was a good day.... 6 people went through around 2000 rounds and I got all the brass ooohhh yea!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top