JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking around for a PCC companion piece to go with my XDm 45, and can't find anything that shares mags with it. I'd heard of MechTech, but didn't realize they'd started making pistol variant conversion units. The rifle version (CCU) just looks ugly - not quite "Hi Point" ugly, but definitely in the realm of "MPA Defender Rifle" ugly. The PCU variant actually looks... alright? Well, not as ugly, at least. Anyone have experience with MechTech, or the PCU model specifically? Curious about reliability, how it holds up over time, etc.

I've been looking around for a PCC companion piece to go with my XDm 45, and can't find anything that shares mags with it. I'd heard of MechTech, but didn't realize they'd started making pistol variant conversion units. The rifle version (CCU) just looks ugly - not quite "Hi Point" ugly, but definitely in the realm of "MPA Defender Rifle" ugly. The PCU variant actually looks... alright? Well, not as ugly, at least. Anyone have experience with MechTech, or the PCU model specifically? Curious about reliability, how it holds up over time, etc.

I have one that is about 10 years old for a Glock 10mm. They've improved the aesthetics and the features over the years, but the operating system remains the same. I got mine with the telestock because I wanted it to be as compact as possible. It's just a simple blow back design with a metal ramp that fits onto the lower for the feed ramp. I bought a few extra of those because it is quite the lynchpin to the whole system working. The rubber stopper they have in the back I had to epoxy in because whatever glue they used failed.

Their prices have gone up a bit, for what they are charging you can basically get a cheap AR now and that would generally serve everyone better.

I ended up getting a separate Glock lower for it just so it could be it's own gun instead of an accessory.

Would I get it again? I'd rather have the CMMG banshee in 10mm, but at the time there weren't any great 10mm rifle options that took Glock mags, plus I'm into this, including the second lower, for way less than the Banshee. As far as utility goes, a Palmetto AR would serve people better for the price than this accessory, the whole pistol and PCC taking the same mags is a bit overrated IMO.

But to directly answer your question, it's been a solid piece of gear. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Have 2. Yes, ugly as a mud fence until you shoot them. The first one I got many years ago was for a 1911. Very reliable for 20K+ and still going strong. Only just replaced the rubber buffer and recoil spring. Not much in there to go wrong.

More accurate than I expected it to be. 100yd hits are simplicity.

A 185gn 45acp coming out of a 16" barrel at +1400fps is a force to be reckoned with out of a short, fast handling carbine. I would guess it hits with real authority.

Got one for a G17 lower a couple years ago. Same as above. 124 gn out of a 16" carbine smokes a 4" .357 magnum. 33 rounds of hard hitting buffalo bore in this little thing? They sell themselves.

I like the wire stock that collapses into a compact little package that drops into the trunk on my harley. :)

The downside. They are a bit pricey for what they are. But they are durable and accurate. So, its worth it in my mind.

They're a tad heavier than you'd expect. Blow back operation makes for a heavy bolt.

All that said, I like mine. Planning on getting one for a G40 frame. A 16" 10mm should be a good one to have.

It is not a firearm in and of itself, so it ships right to your door.

I get a little heat at the range until they realize that a good 9mm carbine can exceed the terminal performance of a .357mag. After cutting the bullseye out of targets they get a lot more intrested. A good RDS and flip-up irons and you have a good home defense carbine or a dandy little SHTF extra that just might come in handy one day.

Mectech owes me a free one after all the sales I've generated for the over the years. They really do.

And they beat the snot out of that folding Kel Tec thing.

20230728_222813~01~01.jpg

Last Edited:
Have 2. Yes, ugly as a mud fence until you shoot them. The first one I got many years ago was for a 1911. Very reliable for 20K+ and still going strong. Only just replaced the rubber buffer and recoil spring. Not much in there to go wrong.

More accurate than I expected it to be. 100yd hits are simplicity.

A 185gn 45acp coming out of a 16" barrel at +1400fps is a force to be reckoned with out of a short, fast handling carbine. I would guess it hits with real authority.

Got one for a G17 lower a couple years ago. Same as above. 124 gn out of a 16" carbine smokes a 4" .357 magnum. 33 rounds of hard hitting buffalo bore in this little thing? They sell themselves.

I like the wire stock that collapses into a compact little package that drops into the trunk on my harley. :)

The downside. They are a bit pricey for what they are. But they are durable and accurate. So, its worth it in my mind.

They're a tad heavier than you'd expect. Blow back operation makes for a heavy bolt.

All that said, I like mine. Planning on getting one for a G40 frame. A 16" 10mm should be a good one to have.

It is not a firearm in and of itself, so it ships right to your door.

I get a little heat at the range until they realize that a good 9mm carbine can exceed the terminal performance of a .357mag. After cutting the bullseye out of targets they get a lot more intrested. A good RDS and flip-up irons and you have a good home defense carbine or a dandy little SHTF extra that just might come in handy one day.

Mectech owes me a free one after all the sales I've generated for the over the years. They really do.

And they beat the snot out of that folding Kel Tec thing.

View attachment 1461506
What is the overall length of that with the telescoping stock fully collapsed?

With Mechtech CCU, yes, but not a PCU.

They are solid pieces of kit and can only echo what's already been said. Mine has a dedicated lower too (G22). Other than being a heavy SOB and a bit of work doing a full tear down cleaning.... I have zero complaints. It's built like a tank and highly reliable.

To be honest... I can't really think of anything overwhelmingly positive or negative to say about them. I don't necessarily regret the purchase, but then again.... I don't really shoot it often and one of the few items I have that if the right offer came along I might be open to parting with it. That's pretty rare for me to consider letting any firearm related gear go, but overall, I guess I'm just very "neutral" about it.

Last Edited:
Did not know they had started making the pistol version of these. Bought first one during the great ban so stock was welded on. GREAT fun but later sold it. Then after the ban fell bought one you could swap stocks on for a 1911. Finally sold it too when the PCC market started to really take off. Damn things were super well made and never failed. They were nice folks to deal with too. Bought the second one right after that kook shot up that grade school. Took a few tries to get someone there on the phone and the guy said "Dude, you are looking at maybe 6 weeks at least". I told him no problem order me one up. He nailed it. 6 weeks later it was in my hands.

Good people good product.

Wicked accurate.

Clunky and ugly but like a shovel… they work and I would not like to get hit with one.

I chopped one to 10" and added a can and a brace. Its in 40. Jackrabbits hate it.

Which one you getting? Any plans on sights?
Gonna go with the XDm .45 ACP PCU. The guy I talked to broke out a tape measure and confirmed overall length on it is 19.25"; slightly longer than I was hoping for, but close enough for my purposes. Might chop the barrel a bit more when I get it. Optic will be a basic red dot, probably a Sig Romeo or similar. Looking forward to putting my mag extensions to good use - they kick the capacity from 13 up to 21. :DShould make for a formidable little backpack gun. Might even get a cheap XD to give it a dedicated lower.

It has arrived! I'm impressed with fit and finish, feels very solidly made. M-LOK slots on the bottom of the handguard as described. Overall length is ~19", slightly too long for the Vertx Commuter, but fits just fine in the Vertx Dead Letter sling bag.

PXL_20230915_034131695.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR