JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cut mesh panels and 45 degrees 1" webbing off the extra solid MOLLE II buckled FLC I have. And sewn on binding tape, then attached 1.5" webbing loops and straps for Tactik QR hardware and 1.5" buckles, in Tactical Tailor style.. added 3/8" blue closed cell foam inside the panels. Sealed up, and bam, a floating split front chest rig that can take TT harnesses. Had to do some setting up and adjustments and cleaning on the 31-20; I should be getting new belts soon.

One interesting thing, @JustShoot ; is the bonded nylon thread falling apart if I'm getting dark green lint/dust from it?

DSCF7278.JPG DSCF7281.JPG DSCF7279.JPG DSCF7283.JPG DSCF7282.JPG DSCF7280.JPG

Cut mesh panels and 45 degrees 1" webbing off the extra solid MOLLE II buckled FLC I have. And sewn on binding tape, then attached 1.5" webbing loops and straps for Tactik QR hardware and 1.5" buckles, in Tactical Tailor style.. added 3/8" blue closed cell foam inside the panels. Sealed up, and bam, a floating split front chest rig that can take TT harnesses. Had to do some setting up and adjustments and cleaning on the 31-20; I should be getting new belts soon.

One interesting thing, @JustShoot ; is the bonded nylon thread falling apart if I'm getting dark green lint/dust from it?
I dont think it anything structural.. I have gotten that with different Nylon threads before, especially with the satin/soft finish nylon #69 t-70 I have used . I got some rolls of #138 FF nylon thread right now i using, that I get this dusty lint left on all thread guilds and tension disks. it is Mill labeled bonded.

One interesting thing, @JustShoot ; is the bonded nylon thread falling apart if I'm getting dark green lint/dust from it ?
Was just thinking about what you asked a few weeks back. Here is what i think you talking about for the lint/fluff debris of thread. In Pic. I have some buildup going on thew routing tension and down by the needle area .

This thread is old milled 2007. been on shelf out of the sunshine in plastic bag. it #138 nylon, and under more tension than smaller #69.
But.. out of curiosity, I gave it couple ( un scientific ) pull tests on a pull scale. I got about 20 Lb. of pull till it snapped, so that pretty close to strength spec. and don't think strength disintegrating much from age.
-

thread.jpg
-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR