JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. Doubtful. 114 needs to be funded by the state and run through OSP. There will be some trickle down funding to counties for permit issue.
2. Yes. My question was about the status and to verify that the House Ways and Means Committee will be writing the framework. How do we find out what bills will be introduced to fund the measure?
3. Don't see that option going anywhere. The courts won't allow it.
4. ???

Anyone that thinks the legislature is going to be sitting on their hands is only fooling themselves. Even with the Dems having a majority, we still have an obligation to attempt to influence the voting. I'm not sure that all Dems will be in lockstep with this before the courts decide, and they must make those decisions before the permitting provisions can even go to court in March..
Here, maybe?

I get email from them every day or two; haven't mentioned anything on 114 yet.

Maybe Ways and Means - Public Safety?
Ways and Means – Public Safety Subcommittee

Paul Evans, Co-Chair
Dacia Grayber
Jeff Helfrich
Rick Lewis
Daniel Nguyen
Nothing assigned there yet - https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021I1/Committees/JWMPS/AssignedMeasures

Last Edited:
answers:
1. You are at the wrong forum for those answers, please check with any anti-gun forum.
2. You really expect a new State run system to actually work??? no one else does.
3. yes
4. yes
My point in #1 is that everyone of them assumes there's some kind of connection between guns and violence. There isn't and they can't answer this question.

My point in #2 is the they didn't think through enough to recognize that there are zero resources for implementation of their system.

And my point in 3 & 4 is to demonstrate how ridiculous the same reasoning sounds when applied to other rights.

Pay attention and try to keep up.

Here, maybe?

I get email from them every day or two; haven't mentioned anything on 114 yet.

Maybe Ways and Means - Public Safety?

Nothing assigned there yet - https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021I1/Committees/JWMPS/AssignedMeasures
Thanks, I must not have been using the right links. Looks like they just announced House committee assignments yesterday. My understanding is that Senate Judiciary Committee will remain the same.

I went ahead and signed up for notifications again. Will see how long I last with the barrage of nonsense this session. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top