JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re prohibited areas, the new post-Bruen NY carry law has pretty excessive time and place restrictions on carrying and are being challenged in the courts now. The Supremes just declined to enjoin the law but I expect it'll be invalidated, at least in part, for mass pubic transit, parks and unposted private property prohibitions so if OR's are too broad the principle is already in play.
Yes, they decided to not overturn the 2nd. But they also said that they are respecting the internal process of the 2nd circuit, and that the plantif's should come back soon if the internal process isn't going their way.

I read that as the supreme court wants the 2nd to behave rather than just overturn them.

Note that the democrat party of Oregon does not support measure 114, due to the may issue leaving LEOs to discriminate against minorities and the worry about enforcement against minorities...
I honestly don't believe thats why the democrat party did not publicly support the bill. The only reason is they feared political blowback if it failed, they were worried it would harm their candidates in the current election cycle. Adding it as a ballot measure was a clever way for them to get what they wanted without being publicly connected to it.

If you look around in all of the democrat controlled states they are 100% anti second amendment. They not only want permits to purchase and magazine limits, they also want bans of all semi automatic rifles including many shotguns and hunting rifles (aka assault weapon bans) as well as creating exclusion zones in 99% of the state so you can never take the gun out of your house. Democrats someohow believe if legal gun owners can never take guns out of thier houses all crime will cease, as if criminals go through background checks, use restricted magazines, obey zones where firearms are prohibited, and will choose not to sell drugs or commit murder because both are illegal.

Democrats could also care less if a background check takes 10 years, they will only add a date to complete the background check if they are forced by the US Supreme Court to do so (which they will be).

What we are seeing now is an all out assault on the 2nd amendment by democrat controlled majorities. Conservative states are all moving to constitutional carry, this is clearly a political war being waged and we have the misfortune of living in a state that has tipped in the wrong direction.

Yup. The states are drawing lines. While the blues are green lighting criminals and stepping on their citizens rights in an effort to obtain total control of the population, the red states are fortifying protections and passing laws to make enforcement of illegal federal regulations within their borders a criminal offense.

I seem to remember something similar happening in years past... called "the civil war". In this day and age though it's more likely to be called "the civil cold war". Borders being erected between red and blue state fronts and folks relocating based on beliefs of what IS "the American way of life".

Gonna get interesting, for sure.

Problem is, a lot of people fleeing blue states then try to change the state they end up. My home state of Utah is a prime example. Californians moved in and built houses in the foothills and then want the deer and elk gone because they're eating their shrubs, but they don't want you to be able to hunt them. Once their house is built they want all other development stopped. They want small town rodeos gone because they're cruel to animals. They want basketball courts replaced by pickle ball courts. They want to control the school boards and allow boys into girls bathrooms. They want to tell you what vehicle you can own. They don't want you to own guns.

Problem is, a lot of people fleeing blue states then try to change the state they end up. My home state of Utah is a prime example. Californians moved in and built houses in the foothills and then want the deer and elk gone because they're eating their shrubs, but they don't want you to be able to hunt them. Once their house is built they want all other development stopped. They want small town rodeos gone because they're cruel to animals. They want basketball courts replaced by pickle ball courts. They want to control the school boards and allow boys into girls bathrooms. They want to tell you what vehicle you can own. They don't want you to own guns.
Kalifornians should be forced to live in the mess they created. Migration from Kalifornia should not be allowed until they fix the brokens they've created…. They're just spreading their liberal/woke disease across the country.

Kalifornians should be forced to live in the mess they created. Migration from Kalifornia should not be allowed until they fix the brokens they've created…. They're just spreading their liberal/woke disease across the country.
People say the same thing about Oregonians. I've heard over and over again how much we deserve the mess in Portland, measure 114, and the homeless and drug problems because we voted for it.

Yep, all invasive species need to be managed/controlled, otherwise they destroy the balanced ecosystem that they moved into. ;)

People say the same thing about Oregonians. I've heard over and over again how much we deserve the mess in Portland, measure 114, and the homeless and drug problems because we voted for it.
True, but the wave of kalifederation inmigration into OR started in earnest over 2 decades ago. I don't believe the majority of the failings rest solely on the native population. By letting it happen... yeah. Can't deny that, but we all know how the kens and karens work. They push, scream and throw tantrums until they get their way. Zero tolerance for anything that exists outside their own imported agenda.

Your typical laid back native Oregonian didn't stand a chance.... giving in simply because... "please, just make them shut up!!". 🤣

True, but the wave of kalifederation inmigration into OR started in earnest over 2 decades ago. I don't believe the majority of the failings rest solely on the native population. By letting it happen... yeah. Can't deny that, but we all know how the kens and karens work. They push, scream and throw tantrums until they get their way. Zero tolerance for anything that exists outside their own imported agenda.

Your typical laid back native Oregonian didn't stand a chance.... giving in simply because... "please, just make them shut up!!". 🤣
Yep the old Oregon would not go to school board meetings and demand everyone call their kid by their chosen personal pronoun (which changes monthly). But now you get screaming Karen-snowflakes fuming mad saying "HOW DARE YOU!"

The only solution I see is if people take loss of freedoms personally and fight against it with as much noise as those bastards make in trying to take those freedoms.

the old Oregon would not go to school board meetings and demand everyone call their kid by their chosen personal pronoun (which changes monthly). But now you get screaming Karen-snowflakes fuming mad saying "HOW DARE YOU!"
Apparently you were either not around or have forgotten Lon Mabon and his gang the Oregon Citizen Alliance....and plenty other both before and after them.

I honestly don't believe thats why the democrat party did not publicly support the bill. The only reason is they feared political blowback if it failed, they were worried it would harm their candidates in the current election cycle. Adding it as a ballot measure was a clever way for them to get what they wanted without being publicly connected to it.

If you look around in all of the democrat controlled states they are 100% anti second amendment. They not only want permits to purchase and magazine limits, they also want bans of all semi automatic rifles including many shotguns and hunting rifles (aka assault weapon bans) as well as creating exclusion zones in 99% of the state so you can never take the gun out of your house. Democrats someohow believe if legal gun owners can never take guns out of thier houses all crime will cease, as if criminals go through background checks, use restricted magazines, obey zones where firearms are prohibited, and will choose not to sell drugs or commit murder because both are illegal.

Democrats could also care less if a background check takes 10 years, they will only add a date to complete the background check if they are forced by the US Supreme Court to do so (which they will be).

What we are seeing now is an all out assault on the 2nd amendment by democrat controlled majorities. Conservative states are all moving to constitutional carry, this is clearly a political war being waged and we have the misfortune of living in a state that has tipped in the wrong direction.
If the Republic Party ran some old school live-and-let-live western fiscal conservatives, who respected people's personal freedom other than firearms ownership and the right to discriminate based on religion, Oregonians who vote for very liberal candidates might make a different choice. The last governors race was a decent example: if Betsy Johnson ran as a Republic party candidate she probably would've won, but anyone who gives a snickers bar about their wife or daughter's reproductive freedom or truth about the last election couldn't even risk Drazen winning.

Since we've delved in to the forbidden fruit of politics.

True, but the wave of kalifederation inmigration into OR started in earnest over 2 decades ago. I don't believe the majority of the failings rest solely on the native population. By letting it happen... yeah...

2 Decades ago? You must be a youngster. Californians have been moving up here in numbers for the last 50 years. And the "Natives" were not helpless bystanders. They were all too willing to sell their real estate to CA carpetbaggers at bargain basement prices because they didn't realize the value of what they had, while the Californians could sell out down there and come up here with wads of cash, buy a house, land, and have money left over. Your "typical laid back native Oregonian" was a sucker who sold his heritage for a little green paper. A descendant of a pioneer family once told me, "We are rubes." He was right. Rubes and suckers. :rolleyes:

If the Republic Party ran some old school live-and-let-live western fiscal conservatives, who respected people's personal freedom other than firearms ownership and the right to discriminate based on religion, Oregonians who vote for very liberal candidates might make a different choice. The last governors race was a decent example: if Betsy Johnson ran as a Republic party candidate she probably would've won, but anyone who gives a snickers bar about their wife or daughter's reproductive freedom or truth about the last election couldn't even risk Drazen winning.

Since we've delved in to the forbidden fruit of politics.
If the Democratic Party in Oregon ran the same old-school type of people that wanted to improve conditions for the majority of the citizens of the State, instead of radicals that want to destroy things, things wouldn't be so bad. The old Democrats were not subject to blindly obeying the orders of their Party leaders, being willing to work in the best interests of their constituents. Democrats used to be fiscal conservatives, and stand up to public employee demands. The legalization of public employee unions, and forcing all public employees to pay dues used for political purposes, was a watershed that threw out the old equilibrium between the parties.

This isn't speculation or parroting "spin." I watched it happen, and had a front-row seat, even though I wasn't a direct participant.

2 Decades ago? You must be a youngster. Californians have been moving up here in numbers for the last 50 years.
I'm no youngster and aware. That's why I qualified it with "in earnest". There has always been a steady trickling but... what? 20-25yrs ago when the real estate market went bonkers down there and the job market was crashing they started showing up in massive floods buying up everything in sight. Along with the hordes came a very dramatic and hard-core left turn in the state... infecting nearly every facet of life as we knew it like a storm.

Last Edited:
Howard Vollum, the Tektronix founder, was a moderate that was very practical. He was a Physics major, from a liberal arts college (Reed College in Portland) who started the business in a garage and ran it like a small business, rather than a "bean-counter Corporation." He cared about his employees, and treated them well, while running a successful business.

Tek lost its way when he was gone. His successor tried mightily to continue his legacy, but in the end, the company became a takeover target and became just another "bean-counter Corporation."

Let's not forget the imported anti-gun folks leaving New York, New Jersey, New England, Illinois, and Maryland that relocated here.
About 15 years ago the Statesman-Urinal ran a story about some "activist" who moved here from the E. coast and settled in W. Salem. She was lobbying to officially change the pronunciation of the state's name because she didn't like hearing the natives say "Or-ee-gun." "I hate guns," she said.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top