JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or they are seeing that the police can't protect them! the 911 centers are just letting the phone ring because there aren't enough people to answer the calls, and when you do get through, there is not a cop to send right away! Even in my small community violent crimes are up, the next town over they are up 65%. And that is not a really large city or a crime center! DR

All I can hope is some of these people see a little wake up here. The description of what he had to do to buy the gun for one. Wonder how many of these people were shocked to find out you could not just "order a gun", or walk in and buy one, as one party has been telling them for years now?
Maybe a few of them will now start to wonder what else they have been getting lied to about for decades there. Still nice to see a LOT more of them decide dial a prayer is not the solution to decades of poor voting choices. Would LOVE to see that Governor kicked to the curb in a couple weeks. The media is already screaming the state will fall off into the ocean if he is kicked out. :s0140:

All I can hope is some of these people see a little wake up here. The description of what he had to do to buy the gun for one. Wonder how many of these people were shocked to find out you could not just "order a gun", or walk in and buy one, as one party has been telling them for years now?
Maybe a few of them will now start to wonder what else they have been getting lied to about for decades there. Still nice to see a LOT more of them decide dial a prayer is not the solution to decades of poor voting choices. Would LOVE to see that Governor kicked to the curb in a couple weeks. The media is already screaming the state will fall off into the ocean if he is kicked out. :s0140:
At the beginning of the Panic gun buying, There was a line to get into the LGS's that sometimes wrapped around the building. [ if you were there for anything but guns and ammo you could walk right in. ]
I was there buying a couple Zero Gravity chairs, and a news guy showed up. He was going up and down the line looking to interview new gun buyers. He was asking how long they had to wait?, what kind of gun they wanted?, etc... Then when he had a live one on the hook he would wind them up with" You are not going to let them make you wait 10 days are you?" And what about those loopholes they keep talking about on the news?".
Yes he was winding them up But it was something they needed to hear!
Half of those new people had no idea they were not going home with a gun that day!
DR

Or they are seeing that the police can't protect them! the 911 centers are just letting the phone ring because there aren't enough people to answer the calls, and when you do get through, there is not a cop to send right away! Even in my small community violent crimes are up, the next town over they are up 65%. And that is not a really large city or a crime center! DR
This
As an expat Californian I've seen this coming for years.
California let criminals out of jail, police are constrained by foolish laws
And if someone actually gets arrested some leftist DA will have him back on the street within the hour.
Honest citizens are truly on their own there.

We know how this thread goes/ends...

Do we swim upstream to welcome these newly hatched freedom lovers or do we just accept the fact that they (progressives) haven't changed their rainbow hued stripes and are actually arming themselves against US.

Biden/Harris have the lowest approval numbers that just about any political wonk can remember a <1 yr old administration having. There's a LOT of buyer's remorse being expressed by Biden voters, but it's not because any of them suddenly tumbled to the fact that progressive policies are failures, strategically, militarily, and economically. We'd be as short-sighted as them if we thought that.

The MSM delighted in delivering Trump's approval ratings but never put it in context... low approval and/or buyer's remorse doesn't indicate a nationwide ideological shift, it only indicates that some voters think the politician in question isn't ___________ enough to suit them; conservative or liberal, whichever is applicable.

Ds who buy a gun aren't going to stop being woke or voting for disastrous public/foreign policy. We can discuss gun stuff, go shooting with them, or have a few brews at the fern bar... but we'll never agree on politics or policy.

They don't see gun rights as an important issue. They don't look at civilian disarmament as an attack on Americans' sovereignty. They're not suspicious of politicians who dont trust their constituents to own a firearm. It's unlikely that those paradigms will ever change.

Last Edited:
This is all by design, the powers that be want everything turning to chaos that way they can enact sweeping power grabs/reforms to further curtail our rights. No this is not "tin hat thinking" it a person who knows and understands the history of our species and the ever needing compulsion to grab and consolidate power...

Last Edited:
This is all by design, the powers that be want everything turning to chaos that way they can enact sweeping power grabs/reforms to further curtail our rights. No this is not "tin hat thinking" it a person who know and understands the history of our species and the ever needing compulsion to grab and consolidate power...
Agreed, each insane step they take pushes the long game forward. And that's what it's all about, the long game. Left unchecked, they will
Indeed destroy AmeriKa, just look at what they've done to Kalifornia…

Remember. California has (had) 40 million customers. Until last year or so. Even with their silly laws they have a lot of gun owners. Still liberal and voting the same. I would bet more gun owners than actual surfers.

I don't equate California gun ownership to new gun owners elsewhere. Talking to Californians even recently, there is no connection to cause and effect. Little sense of history, culture and current events.

I would venture to guess that a big majority of those 5K a day got their eyes opened to the gun control lie. No doubt that a lot of them were scared and in fear of what these riots would bring.

Couple that with the whole "defund police" garbage, I'd bet a good part of those "woke" people got a bit of a shock having to jump through the maze it takes to buy a handgun in CA.

They may never fully grasp whats been done to them, but some of them won't be so quick to jump on the gun control bandwagon in the future.

Let us be welcoming to newly aware gun owners who's blinders slipped enough to realize they have always been on their own and are probably a bit confused and lost right now.

Every one of them is a potential freedom loving American if we can teach them that more freedom is a good thing.

The ones that opened their eyes to reality may be worth having around come election time. Maybe we all can save a little bit of what America used to be for a bit longer.

I would venture to guess that a big majority of those 5K a day got their eyes opened to the gun control lie. No doubt that a lot of them were scared and in fear of what these riots would bring.

Couple that with the whole "defund police" garbage, I'd bet a good part of those "woke" people got a bit of a shock having to jump through the maze it takes to buy a handgun in CA.

They may never fully grasp whats been done to them, but some of them won't be so quick to jump on the gun control bandwagon in the future.

Let us be welcoming to newly aware gun owners who's blinders slipped enough to realize they have always been on their own and are probably a bit confused and lost right now.

Every one of them is a potential freedom loving American if we can teach them that more freedom is a good thing.

The ones that opened their eyes to reality may be worth having around come election time. Maybe we all can save a little bit of what America used to be for a bit longer.
That is EXTREMELY optimistic.
We've had precious few here (so, speaking anecdotally only) who have joined the forum AND changed their ideology, ie: voting preferences, to reflect that.
Many more who are liberal/progressive gun enthusiasts, collectors, sportsmen, etc, but cling tightly to their voting record, defend gun-control advocates, and point to their preferred party's many defeats on legislation as proof that they aren't gun grabbers. They have always and will continue to vote for anyone with a D behind their name, Blue no matter who. They rank social issues above all else and will probably never be moved from that, no matter how misguided.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews