JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Dunno seems pretty mellow. Figured a bunch would have thought on it over the weekend, and the markets would jump one way or the other rite off the bat. Interesting.

'Course I go 72MPH in the left lane, and also yield the lane if someone would like to go even faster....

It's Monday. No stock collapse so far, but there is another disaster that people are talking about

20180212_085143.jpg

to the people who are calling me delusional in the previous thread, i am making this thread to show you ,that i will be right.

this will be a crash like you have never seen before. It will happen friday/monday at the LATEST.

there was a black monday in 1987 and a black tuesday in 1929. so all we need now is a black friday. the plebs will never know what hit em.

this will be my last post regarding market crashes until monday after the market closes.
Any comments?

I think we should give the op a chance. He may be off a few day or weeks. But what I'd like explained is why he feels this way beyond what his first post said.

My stock market crash stories.

The last time I bought stock, Intel (INTC) I bought at $70. It is at 44 now.
Before that they had been doubling and then splitting every few years. Long history.
I was going to sell to pay for a vacation, we took it and the stock was down so much I decided to hold.
Still holding.

upload_2018-2-12_10-36-29.png

My buddy was in the process of closing. The stock dropped so fast, his sell order didn't execute for milli-seconds (rather than nano-seconds) and netted him less than what he needed (agreed to) for down and closing costs !

I think we should give the op a chance. He may be off a few day or weeks. But what I'd like explained is why he feels this way beyond what his first post said.

2 things:

First, he did give a little vague description in another thread.

Second, he made a hardline prediction in his OP - it would happen, without a doubt either last Friday or today "at the latest". He didn't leave room for it to happen later. He said it would happen no later than today.

He also says this will be the largest collapse we've ever seen.

But like others that like to make predictions with certainty, I'll expect him to walk back on his prediction with an excuse as to why he was off on the date.

Just seen too many false prophets to take one person's guarantee too seriously.

Still, just over 2 hours of trading left. DOW is still just over 400 up. We'll see where the prediction lands in just over 2 hours.

I talked with my brother - he has an Econ MA. His best guess is the market will get to 30k then we'll see a fall out.

What is the trigger? All the baby boomers, will will be retiring and therefore no longer adding to the market.
10k retire each day. More if you consider old = hard to get work, even if they have some years left.
At some not to distant future point, more boomers will be retired.

After the boomers, most of America's population growth is tied to immigration, rather than births.

Now we can argue what is a generation and what is then a boomer.
- First boom didn't start until 1950. The war ended in 46 but many, who had come from the depression, waited for housing and or college ( GI benefits) before starting a family. So while there were some, it wasn't yet a boom.
- second all the "milestones" like Summer of Love 67 assume the oldest edge of the wave
- third - 68 is for sure the drop dead end -but I think it ended earlier
- Kennedy - If you do know where you were when Kennedy was assassinated, the you are a Boomer, or Greatest Generation, or WW1. If not, then we are something else. I was alive, but too young to know what was up. I don't really relate to my cousins who were children of the 50s
- Mickey Mouse Clube
- Howdy Duty
- Duck & Cover

This is not legal nor financial advice. I am not qualified to give advice on anything. I think I had a signature which sums it up - "So, can you even clean up your own room? No. Well you think about that. You should think about that, because if you can't even clean up your own room, who the hell are you to give advice to the world" -- Jordan B. Peterson

Wednesday will be the day to watch since the inflation report is coming out. A higher CPI may lead to higher interest rates and potentially a drop in the market. A lower CPI or steady CPI (the FED is shooting for 2% inflation) would slow down any rate increases by the FED and then the market may rise.

Up 476 points with the bell ringing in about 20 minutes. I think this thread is going to close along with the market when it rings.

Up 476 points with the bell ringing in about 20 minutes. I think this thread is going to close along with the market when it rings.

I'd really like to see the response from the OP. I am genuinely interested in what led to such a prediction and what thoughts he has as to why it didn't come true - assuming the market doesn't collapse in the next 20 minutes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top