JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I remember back on December 31 1999 the world was going to end also

I remember that really well. My Army National Guard unit was activated and sent to Kosovo in early December. I was pretty upset because I was being sent out of country and leaving my family behind while the news and certain groups were predicting chaos and collapse in a couple weeks. I knew people who cashed out their stocks and converted it into Gold and Lead.

Yeah, well, we know how that turned out. Here at home, the sun came up and life went on.

Woodpile Report

Scroll down a bit to the Stock Market section.
(no direct link)

and finally, ...

Will the Big One happen this year? My guess is yes. It'll rival the Fall of Rome, the Destruction of Carthage, the Black Plague and Al Gore combined. When this huge bubble of insolvent malfeasance ruptures it will be an unstoppable, bloody carnage smashing everything in its path and the birds overhead.

There are a few more paragraphs.

Last Edited:
My dad went a little crazy after retiring from an "agency" he started getting into higher conscienceness of some sort and thought he was going to harness energy and transport to some higher demension.
It was always next month, I'm going to be gone, don't worry I'll be good.
Then something happened, the "greys" hindered his plans.
Next month.
Then in the next three months, and so on and so on.

Batshet crazy Y'all

Maybe, but you have Joe III to pickup the torch of east coast blue blood silver spoon we care about the poor people in this world, Obeewankneobe you are our only hope and him and his millennials will tear down Trumps wall. If he can just not kill some gal not his wife in a drunken car accident, keep off the roxies and blow and make it to electable age before the Cubans and Russians take a dislike to him.

When pointing out past failed prophecies, it is always "this time it will be different".

When a prophet fails him or herself, it will be "next week", or "it kind of came true", or some mixture of both.

It got to the point on the survivalist board forum that I started collecting the threads of doom. Economic collapse, of which no small number were stock market collapses, were very popular. Stock market collapses fail on their face; the economy is not the stock market and the stock market is not the economy.

One of the reasons for the recent correction is the fact that the economy is doing well and investors are afraid of the Fed raising interest rates too quickly. The stock market is driven by speculation (i.e., gambling) - fear, uncertainty, doubt, optimism, greed, all play no small part. No one can really predict what the mob will do next with any precision.

For years economists predicted the housing bubble would collapse "any day now". Then once it did collapse they predicted recovery in "6 to 9 months", and every six months they would repeat that prediction when it didn't come true yet again. :rolleyes:

while the news and certain groups were predicting chaos and collapse in a couple weeks.

Ha..that is funny you mention that. I still have the 5 gallon blue water jugs I bought expecting the potable system to go down. 18 years later and at least I still use them to carry potable water for dry camping. Gave one each to my boys with out the back story on them.

One of the reasons for the recent correction is the fact that the economy is doing well and investors are afraid of the Fed raising interest rates too quickly. The stock market is driven by speculation (i.e., gambling) - fear, uncertainty, doubt, optimism, greed, all play no small part.

Experienced investors knew and want a correction. We all knew these were not sustainable over the long term and were not good for the market.

For years economists predicted the housing bubble would collapse "any day now". Then once it did collapse they predicted recovery in "6 to 9 months", and every six months they would repeat that prediction when it didn't come true yet again. :rolleyes:

I still hear this every day. The bubble will burst. But no one can put forth any creditable evidence as to what will cause the "burst". There are localized factors. There is too much variance in the regional markets right now for a nation wide drop to happen. The market is keeping itself in line with simple supply and demand process's. Unfortunately it is cutting a lot of 80K and under families from owing a home. Population growth is a huge factor and one that will impact the markets over the next 20 years.

Last Edited:
Friday I'm going to hang out in the left lane, complain about expensive Oregon massages, and advocate higher fares for fat people. Monday I'm going to find out if my conceal carry license is acceptable ID for beer purchases, alert everyone about chem-trails, and complain about New Seasons.;)

Friday I'm going to hang out in the left lane, complain about expensive Oregon massages, and advocate higher fares for fat people. Monday I'm going to find out if my conceal carry license is acceptable ID for beer purchases, alert everyone about chem-trails, and complain about New Seasons.;)
:s0114: nothing over 65 buddy :s0114:

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews