JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That statement holds somewhat true, but in certain situations it's best to let qualified individuals do the thinking. 😉
What if that qualified individual had already (pre-Covid, in the '80s) killed thousands of people with a drug that hadn't been sufficiently tested?
Or if that "qualified individual" leads a company that has had to pay out more criminal penalty fines than anyone, individual or otherwise, ever has in any country?

Last Edited:
Self-reliance can wane pretty quickly in a big city environment. It warps you into a different kind of person. Sad to say I've let it happen to me a little too.
I ponder the culture and how it's manipulated. What I see a lot is steering people to think one way constantly. For instance we get fed that people are really lazy now and that's a big part of our problems. Question is, are they lazy or tired and burnt out with the culture force fed to them?

I ponder the culture and how it's manipulated. What I see a lot is steering people to think one way constantly. For instance we get fed that people are really lazy now and that's a big part of our problems. Question is, are they lazy or tired and burnt out with the culture force fed to them?
I'm gonna go with lazy with a huge helping of ENTITLEMENT. How can so many people who have never even had a real job under the age of 40 be burnt out?

I think a lot of folks were already mentally exhausted by modern life, which moves at twice (or ten times?) the pace it did when I was a kid. Add onto that a movement that tells just about anyone who's normal that they are inherently bad people. Chuck in forty years of "the world is going to end in ten years" and top it off with "a horrible disease is going to kill us all". Little wonder most folks are not exactly in their happy place just now.

I think a lot of folks were already mentally exhausted by modern life, which moves at twice (or ten times?) the pace it did when I was a kid. Add onto that a movement that tells just about anyone who's normal that they are inherently bad people. Chuck in forty years of "the world is going to end in ten years" and top it off with "a horrible disease is going to kill us all". Little wonder most folks are not exactly in their happy place just now.
When I was a kid color TV was just comming out and it only had three colors.:D Today's world is way too complicated for the culture as education hasn't been able to keep up with the speed of changes. Population is growing too fast and the system of monkey see monkey do is broken. As the younger generations come along just working hard won't guarantee a good future like it did in my days.

Burnt out and seeing no future is what I believe is happening as technology is growing faster than the culture and our laws can assimilate.
Again how can one be "burnt out" when they really haven't accomplished anything to begin with. Your future is what you make it. It is on nobody's shoulders but your own to shape your future.

For the record I'm not an old guy talking crap about the younger generations, still a few years from 40 myself. I built where I am at today through hard work and dedication to my future and therefore my employer. I started here sweeping floors and washing parts, no I own the company. Things like that can not be accomplished sitting on your heels waiting for a hand out. Screw the media, the news, the government, this is the land of opportunity your life will be just exactly what you work to make it.

Again how can one be "burnt out" when they really haven't accomplished anything to begin with. Your future is what you make it. It is on nobody's shoulders but your own to shape your future.

For the record I'm not an old guy talking crap about the younger generations, still a few years from 40 myself. I built where I am at today through hard work and dedication to my future and therefore my employer. I started here sweeping floors and washing parts, no I own the company. Things like that can not be accomplished sitting on your heels waiting for a hand out. Screw the media, the news, the government, this is the land of opportunity your life will be just exactly what you work to make it.
They are not remotely all like that. Plenty of them hold jobs. Lots of them still appreciate hard work. Also, to be fair there have been people like that since before there was welfare. That said, yeah kids these days, sheesh. :D

I am retired, worked hard all my life and live fairly comfortable now. My life and folks younger than me are living completely different in most cases.

I won't bore you with the differences because unless you lived the life you won't get it. What I will point out is at 40 think about the next generation and what it's going to take to get what you have.

Last Edited:
Just for a reference point, this is individual psychosis. And probably child endangerment.

Nitter link:
Had to quit watching that. Holy bubblegum! That right there is what we get when the government is paying people to bear children. There's the next generation right there. And mama was raised by the kids that MY generation had!

You didn't miss anything. If you saw the first 20 seconds of it you saw all of it.
I saw 1 second of it, and it was enough.

At this point, I think it's not mass psychosis, but just entitlement and idiocy. This behavior is popular culture now. Some idiot sees another do something idiotic and it spreads... and then becomes acceptable, next it mutates into even worse behavior. Sounds like a virus, because it is.

I wish it were mass psychosis, that would make a nice and neat explanation for why our society has devolved into mob rule. But, no... just selfish dumb people being dumb and selfish.

-Robert

So when you take away law and order the real psychosis begins.

"Manhattan's newly sworn-in District Attorney started by making a very important announcement: He will no longer be enforcing the law. This is, of course, illegal and should subject him to criminal prosecution at either the state or the federal level. Of course, that won't happen. Instead, Manhattan will become a Mad Max-esque city, so rife with crime that, eventually, all normal life stops."

Id be willing to bet if she just would have paid attention to her math teacher the whole situation would have been avoided. Shes just a ticking time bomb that needs to be set straight.

I left a great job my reason were pretty deep but it boiled down to spending time with my son during a tough time, getting my house ready to sell if Oregon goes full East Germany, and morn the loss of 3 family members. I am a skilled labor in a supposedly dying field that's hotter than ever, my wife has a great job, and frankly I know I can get a job today that pays well. I have options because I earned it. I did not want anything to do with unemployment, family leave, or any other hand out with strings attached just wanted some peace and calm during the storm. I'd say I've made more in the long run staying home working on the house. So for me I can say it wasn't a lazy thing just had more important things to do.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top