JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're free to perform your own surgeries, design your own bridges, and develop vaccines if you so choose. Or are there those better suited/trained to do so? Is being told to wear a seat belt an infringement of freedom, or is it because that one reckless behavior can endanger the other occupants of the vehicle?
Actually I would argue that the seat belt law is in fact an infringement on my freedom and that of the american people. Why should the government have a say on whether or not I want to do the smart thing? Why do they need to insert themselves into my personal choices. It should absolutely be your choice to launch yourself into the path of your rolling vehicle. This is a part of why we have come to where we are at today. It's been illegal for stupid people to kill them selves for a long time. Now those stupid people are breeding and the cycle continues.

Last Edited:
This looks fun here, err ahhh how many seat belts on a motor cycle?:)

And airbags. I would love to see the fail army videos of douche canoes getting launched into orbit
DOT/NHSTB don't require HANS devices, helmets, nomex fire suits, roll cages, nor fire extinguishers inside passenger vehicles for highway usage :rolleyes: a race car is safer in high speed accidents than a street legal car :rolleyes:

Actually I would argue that the seat belt law is in fact an infringement on my freedom and that of the american people. Why should the government have a say on whether or not I want to do the smart thing? Why do they need to insert themselves into my personal chouces. It should absolutely be your choice to launch yourself into the path of your rolling vehicle. This is a part of why we have come to where we are at today. It's been illegal for stupid people to kill them selves for a long time. Now those stupid people are breeding and the cycle continues.
Mandatory seatbelts came about when the insurance companies bribed the politicians to make it a law. Follow the money.

As for the surgery and bridges I'm very sure the private sector could do a fine job without the government intrusion. Could you imagine a private company building a bridge for public use and come in UNDER budget upon completion rather then the government come in screw it up and end the job years late and millions OVER budget. What a strange world that would be!

Last Edited:
Why should the government have a say on whether or not I want to do the smart thing?
Trust your government. Always. They have your best interests in mind.

5e7945351e936f1806b19b78d77f948fb8bcb537c92a5b7a87e5426dd5cf04e4_1.jpg

-Robert

As for the surgery and bridges I'm very sure the private sector could do a fine job without the government intrusion. Could you imagine a private company building a bridge for public use and come in UNDER budget upon completion rather then the government come in screw it up and end the job years late and millions OVER budget.what a strange world that would be!
On the flip side... can you imagine scummy contractors using the absolute cheapest, fastest, imported materials and techniques to build "bridges" and then never maintaining nor replacing them? Look at all the sketchy, suicidal roads and paths in India, Pakistan, China.... :eek:

Edit. A balance is needed. States/Counties can do what
Fed doesnt need to. Minimum standards can be good. Key word, can

DOT/NHSTB don't require HANS devices, helmets, nomex fire suits, roll cages, nor fire extinguishers inside passenger vehicles for highway usage :rolleyes: a race car is safer in high speed accidents than a street legal car :rolleyes:
:D with the new mileage mandates government may require new safety devices as cars get flimsy.

So as we opine, notice how our opinions come from what we read and is fed to us as information. Challenging what we believe leads to a psychosis as resets tend to do. Add in some fear and misinformation and our world crumbles.

Now I have to go to the dentist, anyone want to do that for me?:D

Actually I would argue that the seat belt law is in fact an infringement on my freedom and that of the american people. Why should the government have a say on whether or not I want to do the smart thing? Why do they need to insert themselves into my personal choices. It should absolutely be your choice to launch yourself into the path of your rolling vehicle. This is a part of why we have come to where we are at today. It's been illegal for stupid people to kill them selves for a long time. Now those stupid people are breeding and the cycle continues.
But we have a societal pact that we will take care of those people at hospitals and with ambulances and police and firefighters and all of that costs money. So we all pay for stupid people or people who want complete personal freedom when they end of hurting themselves. We pay for car insurance, medical insurance and taxes all for that stuff.

Now if we change it so someone can refused to wear a belt or use a helmet or drink or drug themselves into illness, but we can refuse to help them if they dont have to ability to pay for it themselves. as a society we have decided to make some things a requirement like seatbelts because our nature makes us feel bad for letting them bleed to death on the highway because of their own decisions.

believe me, stupid people do very stupid stuff to themselves all the time and then all of them turn around and demand everyone else fix it for them preferrably free of charge.

But we have a societal pact that we will take care of those people at hospitals and with ambulances and police and firefighters and all of that costs money. So we all pay for stupid people or people who want complete personal freedom when they end of hurting themselves. We pay for car insurance, medical insurance and taxes all for that stuff.

Now if we change it so someone can refused to wear a belt or use a helmet or drink or drug themselves into illness, but we can refuse to help them if they dont have to ability to pay for it themselves. as a society we have decided to make some things a requirement like seatbelts because our nature makes us feel bad for letting them bleed to death on the highway because of their own decisions.

believe me, stupid people do very stupid stuff to themselves all the time and then all of them turn around and demand everyone else fix it for them preferrably free of charge.
Ok.......instead we decriminalize drugs, give them free needles, a safe place to shoot up, allow them to live in filth on the sidewalk while ruining entire areas of cities, but if they get in the car they better have a seat belt on? Seems like an interesting place to draw the line.

Ok.......instead we decriminalize drugs, give them free needles, a safe place to shoot up, allow them to live in filth on the sidewalk while ruining entire areas of cities, but if they get in the car they better have a seat belt on? Seems like an interesting place to draw the line.
Oh I agree. Cigarrettes are completely legal and (my favorite statistic) second hand smoke (not smokers) kills 4 times as many people as firearms. I certainly dont see any Brady bills against cigarettes. I dont see the media pushing cigarette control.

I definitely didnt say smart people are making the rules. but the gist is the reason why we make stupid stuff illegal is because we all have to pay for it in the end. We either let stupid people kill themselves and not help them, or try to limit the stupid and help them.

the other problem is the stupid people get to sue as well. I had a partner tell her patient to get a mammogram for a breast lump 3 times. Told her she was very worried it was cancer. The patient ignored her and then 3 months later the breast cancer spread. So she sued my partner for malpractice for not being "forceful enough" in making her get the mammogram. She not only blamed the doctor because she was stupid, but also sued her and incurred lots of costs defending herself.

Last Edited:
the other problem is the stupid people get to sue as well. I had a partner tell her patient to get a mammogram for a breast lump 3 times. Told her she was very worried it was cancer. The patient ignored her and then 3 months later the breast cancer spread. So she sued my partner for malpractice for not being "forceful enough" in making her get the mammogram. She not only blamed the doctor because she was stupid, but also sued her and incurred lots of costs defending herself.
I agree on both sides of this back and forth issue. As to what I quoted, hopefully it was sorted out in the courts. I still have some faith in that, for now.

And yet if the government wants you to have an opinion they will give it to you with statistics they create. Given enough created statistics you can create psychosis. A thumb on you life, a mask on your face and forced jabs all while the lies are there to make it work.

I remember a little while back folks here and in media called one of the treatments for covid "horse paste" fit only for horses. Along comes proof it was a drug given to folks for many years and tested for safety. However media couldn't allow the narrative to change so the lies kept comming and people died from lack of treatment. These lies build psychosis in society.

Last Edited:
1) "You're free to perform your own surgeries, design your own bridges, and develop vaccines if you so choose. Or are there those better suited/trained to do so?
Indeed there are. That's why I don't DIY such things.

2) I wear a seat belt because it's a good idea.

3) "the other problem is the stupid people get to sue as well. I had a partner tell her patient to get a mammogram for a breast lump 3 times."
The docs told me about my weight and cholesterol numerous times, and I ignored it. I was extremely fortunate to survive the heart attack.

Last Edited:
It's been illegal for stupid people to kill them selves for a long time. Now those stupid people are breeding and the cycle continues.
It's the damn warning labels! Those labels are saving the stupid people that would otherwise have killed themselves...ya know...by being stupid. And now the stupid people are breeding! And the herd is slowing down!

We gotta get rid of those damn labels and let natural selection take it's course...before it's too late!

WOLVERINES!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top