JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many have noted a deterioration in the ability to disagree without being disagreeable. Slowly there are various academics starting to publish various studies relating to opinions & the forces that drive them. This brief response starts to track what drives those with such opinions on a
wide variety of current issues. Or maybe not.

The London Telegraph reported the comments made by Members of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviour (SPI-B), a sub-committee of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) the government's chief scientific advisory group.

The report quotes a briefing from March 2020, as the first lockdown was decreed, that stated the government should drastically increase "the perceived level of personal threat" that the virus poses because "a substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened".

One scientist with the SPI-B admits that "In March [2020] the Government was very worried about compliance and they thought people wouldn't want to be locked down. There were discussions about fear being needed to encourage compliance, and decisions were made about how to ramp up the fear."

The unnamed scientist adds that "The way we have used fear is dystopian."

The scientist further confessed that "The use of fear has definitely been ethically questionable. It's been like a weird experiment. Ultimately, it backfired because people became too scared."

Another separate scientist on the subcommittee professed "You could call psychology 'mind control'. That's what we do… clearly we try and go about it in a positive way, but it has been used nefariously in the past."

Another scientist warned that "We have to be very careful about the authoritarianism that is creeping in," adding "people use the pandemic to grab power and drive through things that wouldn't happen otherwise."

1) "That statement holds somewhat true, but in certain situations it's best to let qualified individuals do the thinking."
I have never asked somebody else to do my thinking for me. That's the mindset of a medieval serf and I am no one's vassal.

2) "I'm off to convince the wife I need a "wooly mammoth gun" I'm sure she will be cool with it."
The Neanderthals used an atlatl. Now that took a REAL MAN!

The four letter word driving the psychosis is FEAR. Once the masses were sent home for 15 days to flatten the curve it was easy to isolate people and fill them with fear.

We have gone from a nation of freedom to a nation of fear.

1) "That statement holds somewhat true, but in certain situations it's best to let qualified individuals do the thinking."
I have never asked somebody else to do my thinking for me. That's the mindset of a medieval serf and I am no one's vassal.

2) "I'm off to convince the wife I need a "wooly mammoth gun" I'm sure she will be cool with it."
The Neanderthals used an atlatl. Now that took a REAL MAN!
You're free to perform your own surgeries, design your own bridges, and develop vaccines if you so choose. Or are there those better suited/trained to do so? Is being told to wear a seat belt an infringement of freedom, or is it because that one reckless behavior can endanger the other occupants of the vehicle?

You're free to perform your own surgeries, design your own bridges, and develop vaccines if you so choose. Or are there those better suited/trained to do so? Is being told to wear a seat belt an infringement of freedom, or is it because that one reckless behavior can endanger the other occupants of the vehicle?
This looks fun here, err ahhh how many seat belts on a motor cycle?:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top