JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you like the Camp Carbine?

• Yes, I do!

Votes: 41 78.8%
  • No, it sucks.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No idea.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Camp Candy is better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um (burp), wut iz duh (shart!) ques'n eh-gain?

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Have to understand... they came out right during the Clinton mag and AWB ban. Designers had settled on 10rd single stacks at the beginning and its been that way since. Just hogging out the grip for a double isnt gonna work because theres about an inch or so of the receiver that has the magazine well machined into it.

Have to understand... they came out right during the Clinton mag and AWB ban. Designers had settled on 10rd single stacks at the beginning and its been that way since. Just hogging out the grip for a double isnt gonna work because theres about an inch or so of the receiver that has the magazine well machined into it.

It was certainly their choice and it has worked but they were making 10 round mags for Glock then. If those things had been designed round them they would have to build another factory to keep up with the sales. No doubt many other manufacturers of PCC's are glad the guys there went the route they did. If they were selling for the price they do and took Glock mags the other guys would be missing a LOT of business. Even when they looked like those rifles from the movie Planet of the Apes and were quickly named "Ugly stick" they sold like hot cakes.

Back when these first hit and were around $150 I came real close to buying one several times just for the hell of it. Every time I shot one I wanted one. Even at the price they go for now they are a GREAT little rifle. If they had built them to take Glock mags they would sell many times the number of them they do.

Uhhhh... Glock didn't exist at the time. *whistle* Heloooooooooooo, Mabel! :p

I think he might have been talking about Camp 9 <.< Although the Camp 9 was able to take SW Model 59 mags in one line?

Indeed, the Camp-9 feeds from S&W 59-series magazines. Marlin offered 4, 12, and 20-round magazines for it, though there were all sorts of aftermarket magazines and drums of various quality. The .45 ACP version had factory 4 and 7 rounders, though most M1911A1 magazines work fine.

Them Camp-9 was introduced in the same year Glock opened a subsidiary in the states: 1985.

The Camp 9 does use SW59 magazines. If you are handy you can also modify M9 magazines to work in them, Magazine interchangeable-Help

As of a couple of years ago parts were still pretty available for them.

I bought a second magazine well and started working on modifying it to use Glock magazines and I have pictures from another person that did it as well. I have not finished mine though.

I was referring to Marlin's Camp 9 and Camp 45. These were manufactured long before Gaston began his work.

As others mentioned I was talking about the "Ugly Stick". Those things were selling for $150 when I first saw one. I looked, handled, thought to myself surely it will blow the hell up. While later buddy bought one and I got to try it. Still ugly looking damn thing but damned if it didn't work perfect. Trigger was horrendous but in something like that at that price point that was no deal breaker. Those mags were the only thing that kept me from walking out with one. Soon they sold so well people started making some new stocks for them to take away some of the Planet of the Apes look. Later High Point jumped on the wagon and started offering them that way. Then of course price also went up but they are still a great little rifle for that price point. Would not have even have "had" to be Glock mags they set them up for. Any of the easy to get double stacks would have made them hard to keep on the shelf. Of course since the price of the "pre ban" mags was already rising these would have single handidley have been making those mags sell even faster. :cool:

The Camp 9 does use SW59 magazines. If you are handy you can also modify M9 magazines to work in them, Magazine interchangeable-Help

As of a couple of years ago parts were still pretty available for them.

I bought a second magazine well and started working on modifying it to use Glock magazines and I have pictures from another person that did it as well. I have not finished mine though.

The problem with the Marlins, at least the ones I have seen is price. They demand quite a premium.
That was something I have often wondered about Glock. Why they never just came out with a PCC of their own. There is a LOT of Glock fan boys out there. I can't see how they could have gone wrong adding a few of these in popular calibers to their line up. The ones Kel-Tec makes have been out for a hell of a long time and they are still harder to come buy in most places.

Not only the Camp 9 but also the Ruger PC series.. even though the PC9 is for all intents and purposes, simply a scaled up 10/22 that takes P series mags :rolleyes: The Beretta CX4 Storm carbines are pretty cool also but they do command premium prices. In fact, I think the closest competitor to the Hi Point Monkey guns in PCC terms may have been the carbine versions of the Mac pistols but I don't recall seeing many of those made.... so in between currently its likely the AR9 kits and Sten gun kits.. possibly the TRW aero survival carbines...then the Kel Tec Sub2k which still are hard to find for less than 450 buckaroos

Not only the Camp 9 but also the Ruger PC series.. even though the PC9 is for all intents and purposes, simply a scaled up 10/22 that takes P series mags :rolleyes: The Beretta CX4 Storm carbines are pretty cool also but they do command premium prices. In fact, I think the closest competitor to the Hi Point Monkey guns in PCC terms may have been the carbine versions of the Mac pistols but I don't recall seeing many of those made.... so in between currently its likely the AR9 kits and Sten gun kits.. possibly the TRW aero survival carbines...then the Kel Tec Sub2k which still are hard to find for less than 450 buckaroos

I do LIKE the one Ruger made. I think they just did not give it enough of a chance. They too now demand premiums. I have 2 Gen1 Kel-Tecs that during this last great panic started to sell for close to 1K. Probably should have let at least one go but it was so damn hard to lay hands on them at first. Only paid $300 for the black and $325 for the Hard Chrome so I could have made a good profit. :confused:
The TNW ASR I had seen for a while and could never lay hands on one. It was like no shop had ever heard of them. When I finally bought the first one I was in love. :p Buddy of mine got one and as soon as I tried it I had to have one. Paid as much as a lower end AR for them but to me it was worth it. They are certainly not for everyone.
The Kel-Tecs are finally catching up again after the great panic. The 9mm versions are still going for the most money with the .40 calibers going for quite a bit less for some reason. Guess a lot of people want the cheaper ammo version. I am pretty sure I will let one of mine go. I already told the Wife a couple times if she sees something she wants she is welcome to use one of them as trade in. :rolleyes:

Tim Bero is as crooked as they come.(TNW)
He has put 6 family owned shop's in this county out of commission buy not paying them what he owe's them for making parts for your ASR that you like so much.

He is such a Scumbag that his wife left him over ripping people off.

Tim Bero is as crooked as they come.(TNW)
He has put 6 family owned shop's in this county out of commission buy not paying them what he owe's them for making parts for your ASR that you like so much.

He is such a Scumbag that his wife left him over ripping people off.

OK, of course I do not know who you are so have no way to verify this. If the guy really is that bad I would hate to give him any business. This being an open forum where anyone can say anything though??????

I'm getting the Taurus CT G2 Carbine when they do it in 10 mm!!! I got to try one in 9 mm and it was really accurate and easy to shoot! Has a lot of cool features, and it looks pretty easy to modify! Top of my list of must haves! Suppressed SBR here we go. At the list price they have, it's worth every penny!!!

I'm getting the Taurus CT G2 Carbine when they do it in 10 mm!!! I got to try one in 9 mm and it was really accurate and easy to shoot! Has a lot of cool features, and it looks pretty easy to modify! Top of my list of must haves! Suppressed SBR here we go. At the list price they have, it's worth every penny!!!

I did not know Taurus had jumped in to the PCC market. Looked at some info on them looks interesting. They for some reason made this one with Proprietary mags though. Can't understand why they did not make them take the same mags as their copy of the 92. Assuming it catches on hopefully someone like Mec-Gar would start making some mags for them.

From what I have seen, the mags for the CT G2 are pretty inexpensive, and there is all ready some talk of a few companies making hi-cap mags for these once they catch on! It's a pretty darn slick little Carbine that is pretty easy to service and clean, and looks to have a pretty simple system of operation, so should be pretty reliable! Fit and finish on the one I tried was very good for poly! I see these taking off in the near future!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top