JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Shotgun silencers; Yea or Nay?

• Yes! Very helpful, practical, or whatever!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • For gee-whiz factor, maybe. Fun, perhaps, but of dubious practicality.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No, complete waste of time and money.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No idea.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Um, eh, (bromp!) wut wuz teh ques'n ehgain?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When you say "not super effective", what do you mean? No effect? Just takes the edge off? I just can't convince myself to take the plunge but I'd really like to fit one on my turkey gun.
The 1400+FPS 3" and 3.5" turkey loads are just too big of boomers for the suppressor to have any real effect on. It does help, but I don't think it's enough to make the extra length and weight worthwhile.

I've tried it on both my Beretta 1300 Comp with a 21" barrel and Beretta A400 with a 26" barrel.

This is also just "seat of the pants dyno" feedback. I haven't tested sound reduction with metrology or in a controlled environment.

I'm still glad I bought it though, It's fun on the Shockwave and 1300 just for putzing around in the backyard with.

I still need to get a choke adapter so I can use it on my Henry Single Shot. I suspect it would have the biggest impact on that gun.

Reno, USMC 1776 and Catherine 1 are no longer with us.
Not familiar with Catherine 1... but Reno and USMC1776 I was definitely familiar with. Too bad they're gone.

So, there are a handful of shotgun silencers on the US market at the present. What say you? Good idea or waste of time?
For me, I say suppress everything.

As far as shotguns go, I'm not well versed in suppressing them, but I would still say yes. What's surprising for me reading through the comments, is most are discussing typical shot shells. I would have thought slugs would be best, if not necessary, in a suppressed shotty. I'd be super leary of running bird or buck shot through a can.

Guess I have my homework for the next few days... đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I'm still glad I bought it though, It's fun on the Shockwave and 1300 just for putzing around in the backyard with.
200.gif

Not familiar with Catherine 1... but Reno and USMC1776 I was definitely familiar with. Too bad they're gone.

For me, I say suppress everything.

As far as shotguns go, I'm not well versed in suppressing them, but I would still say yes. What's surprising for me reading through the comments, is most are discussing typical shot shells. I would have thought slugs would be best, if not necessary, in a suppressed shotty. I'd be super leary of running bird or buck shot through a can.

Guess I have my homework for the next few days... đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Most three gun shell tubes extend beyond the barrel, I wouldn't be worried about a baffle strike.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top