JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ain't that kinna homo if a man is carrying a small bag that looks like a purse ?

a) I hope you're being facetious when you use the term 'homo'.

b) It used to be the men who carried the purses, and not the women. Pink was also a popular colour for guys because it was a shade of red; the colour of blood, strength, and life.

c) I seem to recall an iconic painting of a Pony Express rider carrying a purse as he rode...that was a job for girls though, right?

b) It used to be the men who carried the purses, and not the women. Pink was also a popular colour for guys because it was a shade of red; the colour of blood, strength, and life.

c) I seem to recall an iconic painting of a Pony Express rider carrying a purse as he rode...that was a job for girls though, right?

so when did women start to carry purse ? Men should wear the waist pack like Chuck Norris in the picture above. It looks more like a European style Theys till wear them overthere.:D

Uhh that was a mail bag,not a purse.

Really,I don't see the need to carry that much junk around town with me.In the wood? Maybe,if I'm going out a ways but not in town.
I don't want to carry the stuff.

I have no issue wearing "blood" red,, but a purse??
All this europeanisation that you adult red blooded American men seem to be going through is enough to make this old redneck just snicker inside.;)
Am I insecure with my manhood if I don't capitulate and fall into step with the rest of the metrosexuals that deem it vogue to carry manbags (purses)? Well possibly, but you can count on this, if you EVER see me carrying one of these sissy little bags,, Hedoublehockysticks has frozen over, and that includes possum pouches that are carried around the waist, It may have been stylish to wear them back in the 80's, but if I need to carry that much makeup , lipstick and rouge then I'll just use my wife's:s0114:

You kind of sound like one of those guys that wants to cc but no one else should or because you carry a gun with one extra mag that should be enough for everyone? I leave my house with whatever I feel is going to get my family and myself home safe. Don't get me wrong if you look shady people will look at you and if you have mags hanging out probably isn't the greatest way to carry them. One thing I see is waist packs, I know most of them have a gun in there but I don't care. I still most Americans will do the Right thing most of the time.

Upon some investigative reading into what I have already posted on this thread... I fail to see how you have come to the assumption that you stated in your first sentence about me. If anything one could reasonably come to the conclusion that I am encouraging people to open carry,or carry concealed (just not both). The simple fact that I take no comfort in a complete stranger has nothing to do with them carrying a gun or not, merely that if they are CC and hanging all their gear out for everyone to see I trust them even less than the "average" stranger. Nice touch on the American part, I suppose that other nationalities will not do the right thing because they are not American...
Ohh yeah, and as far as how much ammunition I carry.... well wouldnt you like to know??? That is why they call it concealed carry.

It definatly grabbed my attention....and everyone else that was around was giving this individual undue space. Dunno something about a guy wearing jeans a dark blue windbreaker and than a OD green maxpedition with the already mentioned crap hanging off or exposed for everyone to see... if you are going to be carrying your business on your shoulder like that why even bother to CC? This is coming from a bit of a minimalist, but when it comes to certain things and all I can say if you cannot conceal it or stick it in your pocket maybe it isnt worth carrying it when out and about in town doing a little shopping. I dont really hate to say it but I refuse to take comfort in strangers especially if they have a gun. Here is some conspiracy for you.... you see a guy carrying a "man purse".... is he watching for bad guys? or is he carrying enuff ammo to duke it out with the local law enforcment in a long drawn out engagment? Or further down that rabbit hole..... does the individual have some sort of improvised device?
If you feel it necesary to carry all of those supplies when you go to the walmart to pick up oil for the car, clothes, maybe a DVD and food for the mutt then go for it.

this is why...

i carry IWB 90% the time. When we are out on walks/hikes or long road trips or just feel like it then i carry the Maxpedition

I have no issue wearing "blood" red,, but a purse??
All this europeanisation that you adult red blooded American men seem to be going through is enough to make this old redneck just snicker inside.;)
Am I insecure with my manhood if I don't capitulate and fall into step with the rest of the metrosexuals that deem it vogue to carry manbags (purses)? Well possibly, but you can count on this, if you EVER see me carrying one of these sissy little bags,, Hedoublehockysticks has frozen over, and that includes possum pouches that are carried around the waist, It may have been stylish to wear them back in the 80's, but if I need to carry that much makeup , lipstick and rouge then I'll just use my wife's:s0114:
No, it only makes you insecure when you start to lash out at others who's personal actions threaten to pierce your own thin charade of masculinity. Like you did in your very next sentence. :)

****, man, I carry the thing because I don't always drive places. If I'm going to be out for hours, with kids even, I'll carry the bag. It keeps my netbook, snacks, etc. etc. etc.. The whole thing about it 'lookin' like a purse' is just a matter of opinion. The militarised version of ANY gear is going to single you out regardless of what you have in it.

On a side note; Maxpedition has released updated versions of the gearslingers that are sans-MOLLE. They look like a satchel. Had these been out when I was shopping for a bag I'd have gotten it in lieu of the one I now have.

Secondary side note; In the same time period that pink was seen as a MAN'S colour yellow would have gotten you some side glances, and all but the deepest blue was seen as a colour for the servile classes.

No, it only makes you insecure when you start to lash out at others who's personal actions threaten to pierce your own thin charade of masculinity. Like you did in your very next sentence. :)

Please note that unlike yourself, I didn't lash out at anyone but myself while jesting about this subject.

If somehow in any way I offended you, for that I would apologize.
You know nothing of me, or my thinly veiled charade of masculinity, as you so elegantly stated.
If you somehow mistook an attempt at humor directed towards a line of posts that myself and obviously many others found delightfully funny, then perhaps that's is indicative of someone dwelling to deeply into a post that was meant as nothing other than humor.
Please do not attempt to broad brush paint me and force me to behave in a manner that you find acceptable, as I wouldn't make that attempt towards you. I wasn't, and am not out to stop anyone from being whom, or what ever they want.

Listen Penguin old boy,, you go on being you, and I'll go on being me, is that alright?

When the Good lord made me, and I had my first look in the mirror, I knew I had to have a good sense of humor (or at least make the attempt) because it was going to be a long time before I could afford a face transplant. If you don't appreciate my feeble attempts, than that's your opinion, and I really could give two craps about it.:p

But back to this man-bag thing or whatever you want to call it, I ain't gonna get one, no matter what color they come in,, it ain't gonna happen and all the ridiculing in the western hemisphere is going to "drag" me into it. Just know this, I didn't mean to offend you.

Please note that unlike yourself, I didn't lash out at anyone but myself while jesting about this subject.

If somehow in any way I offended you, for that I would apologize.
You know nothing of me, or my thinly veiled charade of masculinity, as you so elegantly stated.
If you somehow mistook an attempt at humor directed towards a line of posts that myself and obviously many others found delightfully funny, then perhaps that's is indicative of someone dwelling to deeply into a post that was meant as nothing other than humor.
Please do not attempt to broad brush paint me and force me to behave in a manner that you find acceptable, as I wouldn't make that attempt towards you. I wasn't, and am not out to stop anyone from being whom, or what ever they want.

Listen Penguin old boy,, you go on being you, and I'll go on being me, is that alright?

When the Good lord made me, and I had my first look in the mirror, I knew I had to have a good sense of humor (or at least make the attempt) because it was going to be a long time before I could afford a face transplant. If you don't appreciate my feeble attempts, than that's your opinion, and I really could give two craps about it.:p

But back to this man-bag thing or whatever you want to call it, I ain't gonna get one, no matter what color they come in,, it ain't gonna happen and all the ridiculing in the western hemisphere is going to "drag" me into it. Just know this, I didn't mean to offend you.
No need to apologize, but you might want to understand that when you call something a "sissy" lil' bag you are indeed lashing out at the people who chose to carry one. You are allowing your own limited and flawed perception of masculinity to affect your presentation and make yourself appear narrow mined and insecure.

You are allowing your own limited and flawed perception of masculinity to affect your presentation and make yourself appear narrow mined and insecure.

Interesting statement. Looks to me like Salmonriverjohn is okay with who he is and you are the one who is narrow "mined". He said what he thinks and I do not see anything offensive in his posts. Facetious yes, but not offensive. Sure looks like you want him to fit your idea of masculinity and you'll flame him until he does.

This thread is just cracking me up ;)

Yep, that was the whole point in a mess of these posts I believe, just a little humor to take a few moments from the brevity of real day to day life.
I try not to make to much of myself, even if others perceive me as "narrow minded, limited and flawed", that's ok with me. But hey, perhaps that's why these old reading glass's seem a little loose these days. The only PHD I hold is in Bovine Scatology and that leaves me little room to pass judgement upon others.:D

Interesting statement. Looks to me like Salmonriverjohn is okay with who he is and you are the one who is narrow "mined". He said what he thinks and I do not see anything offensive in his posts. Facetious yes, but not offensive. Sure looks like you want him to fit your idea of masculinity and you'll flame him until he does.

Thanks man, Im starting to feel a little less insecure now:s0155:

If you are indeed so "secure" in your manliness, why do you feel the need to decry something as being "sissy" when explaining why you would not carry it? If you were truly secure why the desire to imply that you were somehow "not sissy" due to your rejection of a simple piece of gear?

Just another joke penguin old boy,, since you deem to be so self secure, why my friend, are your little black and white feathers so easily ruffled over someone making light of "a sissy bag"? And since you seem to somehow be able to decipher some hidden implication between my words doc, IM NOT CALLING YOU A SISSY,,GOT IT?:s0114:

Let me lay on your imaginary diagnostic couch Doc, and tell you a story for you to again dissect.
It begins,,
I have traveled across the fields of life for many years now and have noticed that occasionally one happens upon a patch of "meadow muffins" laying across their chosen path.
If one is careful, the "meadow muffins" that are slowly baking in the sun are easy enough to avoid.

While sidestepping these aforementioned little compost pies, its easy to not even notice the small little flys that hover around said same, waiting for someone to slip up and step in one so they can dig deeper into the crap they so patiently lie in wait for.

Ive also noticed that its best to wear tall tillamook prom shoes,,, just in case.

OK, OK I relent,, I do have two, TWO ammo bags (both olive/drab mind you) that go with me when I hit the road, one for clips, ammo and cleaning equipt,etc. The other is for items I would rather not post here, lest you never let me live it down, you seem to have that ability you know:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top