JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I got a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack. Does that make me :huh: or do any of you have one. My wife has a purse and i think how cool would it be to put all my stuff in a purse i could carry a gun / spare mags / light / knife / wallet / keys and whatever else I want. does this make me..... different?

P.S. i am not metro :s0155:

I have a Bianchi bag that just screams "gun in here", but I don't care. I can carry my 1911, an extra mag, a Surefire light and other goodies. It is designed as a fanny pack, but I just carry it over my shoulder.

Yesterday I got a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack. Does that make me :huh: or do any of you have one. My wife has a purse and i think how cool would it be to put all my stuff in a purse i could carry a gun / spare mags / light / knife / wallet / keys and whatever else I want. does this make me..... different?

P.S. i am not metro :s0155:

Yes, it makes you a sissy!!!!! :)
Well, maybe not. On further examination, it looks like a good piece of military-grade field gear. Pretty cool, in fact. Before I retired, I sometimes carried a 1911 with extra gear in one of the black "computer bags" made by Dillion (special compartment in the center for your firearm). It was pretty handy, but I never got completely comfortable with carrying "off body", so I carried a BUG in Thunderwear just so I always had something at hand, so to speak ;-)
I'd be interested in hearing how you like it once you use it for a while.

Last Edited:
Whatever floats your boat, puts wind in your sails.

I wouldn't care about what people would think about me.

Here is my opinion, and remember this is how I feel, right or wrong, agree or disagree.............

Society as a whole has us so pussified that we even have to ask "is this ok" If you have to ask, you already know the answer. There is a term they have come up with to justify behavior like this, "metro-sexual" Good God, I bet the fore-fathers are just screaming in their graves right now, a man asking if a purse is OK to carry his firearm, make sure you put a lady S&W in it too.:nuts:

What has this country, and society become when men where womens clothes, we have bull-dyke's on every corner (have you seen the coach of team Canada's hockey program?) We have men wanting, and making a stand to work at Hooters. We have people like Perez Hilton that make money off other peoples sufferings with his idiotic blog about others, then when a Miss America contestant answers truthfully, he gets his $200 panties in a wad, literally.

Buy a dam shoulder rig, in the pants holster, ankle holster, or something normal. If you did not care what people thought, then why even make this thread?

My $.02

I've carried in one of these hiking before, with a 35mm camera, but I wouldn't do that in a crowd. I've caught people trying to open it before because it's obviously a camera bag containing something of value. I guess you always have to watch for purse snatchers too :D

Here is my opinion, and remember this is how I feel, right or wrong, agree or disagree.............

Society as a whole has us so pussified that we even have to ask "is this ok" If you have to ask, you already know the answer. There is a term they have come up with to justify behavior like this, "metro-sexual" Good God, I bet the fore-fathers are just screaming in their graves right now, a man asking if a purse is OK to carry his firearm, make sure you put a lady S&W in it too.:nuts:

What has this country, and society become when men where womens clothes, we have bull-dyke's on every corner (have you seen the coach of team Canada's hockey program?) We have men wanting, and making a stand to work at Hooters. We have people like Perez Hilton that make money off other peoples sufferings with his idiotic blog about others, then when a Miss America contestant answers truthfully, he gets his $200 panties in a wad, literally.

Buy a dam shoulder rig, in the pants holster, ankle holster, or something normal. If you did not care what people thought, then why even make this thread?

My $.02

Thanks DUDE.....:s0155:

Side note; Historically MEN carried the purses, not the women. Hit a museum and look at paintings of classic noblemen and you're bound to find a purse at their belt. Best of all; a Scotsman in full kilt with a purse(sporran). I double bloody dare you to tell him he looks like a girl.

I do not see anything at all with carrying a pack like that...at least not if you make sure to wear the right shoes with it. ;)

I personally love these bags. If I was the kind of person that could remember to keep ahold of it I would carry one daily. I am afraid I would take it off and leave it in the car or other places every time. My memory is not so good these days.

I myself would not use one of these because That would definately say "he's got a gun in there". Just wouldnt fit with the visual of biker/criminal/redneck I tend to exude.

Another aspect is, it makes more of a target for theft. I have heard many reports of the fanny pack type carriers being grabbed, cut and removed in a couple seconds which gives little time to react. It would be bad news to be out six or seven hundred worth of handgun in a couple seconds let alone now being unarmed and having your firearm in the possesion of a criminal and possibly being responsible for the unlawful use that could happen with that. But thats just me thinking outside the box and why the wife hates me at times.

Last Edited:
Carried everything in a Filson shoulder bag for years.

But it did not match my cheapo felony flyers.........

So I bought me a shoulder rig and a good sturdy vest.

Hot dang. Everything fit.

Haven't changed that setup since.

isher

Side note; Historically MEN carried the purses, not the women. Hit a museum and look at paintings of classic noblemen and you're bound to find a purse at their belt. Best of all; a Scotsman in full kilt with a purse(sporran). I double bloody dare you to tell him he looks like a girl.

Ya, but that was before they invented pockets.........:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads