JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A friend of mine uses a fanny pack as a murse. He has everything in there, and he carries it like a purse. Would not be so bad if he actually attached it around his waist. I give him a hard time about it until I need fingernail clippers because I got a hang nail. But the funniest thing I ever saw was, once when he and I were going to a Reno Gun show, he was stopped by the security guys, forced to show what was in the pack and then was frisked as an extra precaution. I about died laughing.

I saw a guy carrying one of those maxpedition things in wally world earlier today.... I could see a knife, water bottle, flash light and mag.... It just strikes me as odd, it draws allot of undue attention to yourself. Why even bother to conceal the handgun if your going to be all tactical galactical?? I instinctively gave the guy a wider berth because he was drawing the undue attention to himself. I will not carry one of those things in my day to day activities in general population, but I will probably get one for hiking and camping.
My .02

I saw a guy carrying one of those maxpedition things in wally world earlier today.... I could see a knife, water bottle, flash light and mag.... It just strikes me as odd, it draws allot of undue attention to yourself. Why even bother to conceal the handgun if your going to be all tactical galactical?? I instinctively gave the guy a wider berth because he was drawing the undue attention to himself. I will not carry one of those things in my day to day activities in general population, but I will probably get one for hiking and camping.
My .02

I have to disagree with you.... I think it draws attn from people who ccw not from joe public. I see people open carry a lot and my wife who is a people watcher never sees them. I don't carry the bag all the time and unless you were to open the it you couldn't see anything. It's like every person I see with a fanny pack on I assume they are caring a gun and that's why they have it. as far as giving a wide berth because of undue attn. Why? He has a gun? I wish people would open carry every ware it would make me more comfortable and I feel better when I see a guy caring a "man bag" or fanny pack just hoping he is watching out if bad guys come or something bad is going happen.

My .02

Heck, if your bag allows you to CC anything.. more power to you.
If "Fanny packs" weren't too dogged on I might carry one. (Yeah, I know..I know..)
But it would allow me to CC a Pistol, flashlight, knife, maybe some food.. change.. a tampon.

No but really, I've been looking at different things/bags..etc that would allow me to not only CC, but pack some other essential items as well.
You're not alone brother, I might just order me a man purse tonight!

i have that bag..i thought my buddys would give me a hard time but they never did..its kinga tactigay ..i keep some essentials in it..flashlight and ipod ect..its easy to carry a full size framed gun and xtra mags..but it does make me look fat..

You guys just don't have any sense of style............

PC160594.JPG

For the well-accoutered sirvivosexual, a demure Filson shoulder bag
accessorized with a folding stock VZ58. Plenty of room also for those
little essentials - spare 30 round mags and an oh-so-handy .45ACP semiauto.

Really, you big tough things, get a clue!

Isher

I have to disagree with you.... I think it draws attn from people who ccw not from joe public. I see people open carry a lot and my wife who is a people watcher never sees them. I don't carry the bag all the time and unless you were to open the it you couldn't see anything. It's like every person I see with a fanny pack on I assume they are caring a gun and that's why they have it. as far as giving a wide berth because of undue attn. Why? He has a gun? I wish people would open carry every ware it would make me more comfortable and I feel better when I see a guy caring a "man bag" or fanny pack just hoping he is watching out if bad guys come or something bad is going happen.

My .02

It definatly grabbed my attention....and everyone else that was around was giving this individual undue space. Dunno something about a guy wearing jeans a dark blue windbreaker and than a OD green maxpedition with the already mentioned crap hanging off or exposed for everyone to see... if you are going to be carrying your business on your shoulder like that why even bother to CC? This is coming from a bit of a minimalist, but when it comes to certain things and all I can say if you cannot conceal it or stick it in your pocket maybe it isnt worth carrying it when out and about in town doing a little shopping. I dont really hate to say it but I refuse to take comfort in strangers especially if they have a gun. Here is some conspiracy for you.... you see a guy carrying a "man purse".... is he watching for bad guys? or is he carrying enuff ammo to duke it out with the local law enforcment in a long drawn out engagment? Or further down that rabbit hole..... does the individual have some sort of improvised device?
If you feel it necesary to carry all of those supplies when you go to the walmart to pick up oil for the car, clothes, maybe a DVD and food for the mutt then go for it.

You kind of sound like one of those guys that wants to cc but no one else should or because you carry a gun with one extra mag that should be enough for everyone? I leave my house with whatever I feel is going to get my family and myself home safe. Don't get me wrong if you look shady people will look at you and if you have mags hanging out probably isn't the greatest way to carry them. One thing I see is waist packs, I know most of them have a gun in there but I don't care. I still most Americans will do the Right thing most of the time.

I myself would not use one of these because That would definately say "he's got a gun in there"

I agree with this. I'd consider it less conspicuous if you were a dude carrying a chick's purse (depending how you're holding it haha) than something that looks remotely tactical in a public place. Plus if you're carrying any bag, you're probably more likely to be searched when entering certain buildings. Draws more attention imo. As a woman, I'd give you some space if I saw you walking around with that in a mall or something.

Just seeing a man needing to carry that much junk around makes me suspicious haha.

If you really want to carry a bag, you might consider something more contemporary, that looks more like a book bag, or something for a camera that isn't so bulky and accessorized.

I have to disagree with you…. I think it draws attn from people who ccw not from joe public. I see people open carry a lot and my wife who is a people watcher never sees them. I don’t carry the bag all the time and unless you were to open the it you couldn’t see anything. It’s like every person I see with a fanny pack on I assume they are caring a gun and that’s why they have it. as far as giving a wide berth because of undue attn. Why? He has a gun? I wish people would open carry every ware it would make me more comfortable and I feel better when I see a guy caring a “man bag” or fanny pack just hoping he is watching out if bad guys come or something bad is going happen.

My .02

Apparently you don't get out much.There are a lot of people that I won't be around with guns.
I want to know a person before I go shooting with them.

If I don't know you,I don't like the fact that you have a gun.(see thread I had a gun pulled on me)
Or go read any Go Go Plata's threads/posts

An armed society IS necessary,but I just like to know what the guy with the gun,standing next to me is like.

So,I too,give people that have guns a wide birth,until I know them.

In my opinion, bad idea. Camping, hiking or shooting terrorists in Afghanistan and carrying an over the shoulder man-purse is at least halfway justifiable do to terrain and limited carrying space; plus most would assume you could be or should be armed in those environments. Shouldering up and heading off to Walmart with your O.D. Green man-bag is just plain wrong.

+1 for mjbskwim. I have seen a guy who I know has taken multiple, professionaly instructed 4 day firearms class, remove his loaded pistol from its holster on his belt and muzzel me at close range while he "showed" it to me. Where was this guy on day 1 of any of these classes? And most people who pack have NO training experience.
I am all for constitutional carry, no limitations. Hey, freedom is dangerous, deal with it.

I have one of those Maxpedition packs. It's black, I removed all but one section of the MOLLE tape. I use it to carry stuff...not my weapon. Sure they're made for CC, but it's not comfortable; I draw from my strong side, and that bag is on my weak side. I keep an extra mag in there, sure, but even though the thing isn't in a militarised colour it's still a more aggressive looking bag to those not in-the-know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top