JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is an easy way to tell the difference between black bear poop and grizzly bear poop.
Black bear poop has seeds and berries in it. Grizzly bear poop has bells in it and it smells like pepper spray.

Always carry bear spray even in black bear country. Bear spray will do the trick every time if used correctly.

After the bear is shot and you are pretty sure it is dead spray it down, if it flinches keep shooting. :)

Those folks with the best chance are those that have a buddy near them. One that could shoot the bear before the bear is completely finished with pulling your face off.WAYNO.

Or at least live in an area that provides more than enough food for them and then the worry factor drops a bunch. We see them around our place often enough. But they are not limited in where they can find food so competition is lower.

Sgt Nambu: "I'm springing for a .45/70 Guide Gun!!! :confused:
And, I'm keeping it by my bed."

I packed a .45/70 with me for three years while doing time on The Rock (Kodiak Island). I chambered a round only one time for a charging browny. He started at around 120 yards, stopped at 60, stood up to take a whiff, and exited stage left into the trees. I remained at the ready for a couple of minutes and tried to keep from puking from the adrenaline rush. Those are the times you feel pretty small in this big world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top