JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is or was a live stream on that river where the brown bears fish. I was watching it and I saw a mama bear and her two cubs go up this small stream just off the main river. I saw a big male follow them. a few seconds later the mail ran out of there and you could clearly see a big rip in his side with red and white showing.

Don't mess with big mama.

I almost puked when I saw this morning.

Surely is the badass of the day.

My dad carried a .44 Mag Blackhawk when he was flying bush in AK. 15 years later I carried the same gun gold mining and still felt outmanned? out beared?, out clawed???:(

Any way up there on the tundra the brush around the rivers gets thick. You hear rustling you get real quiet and draw...fortunately for me, both times it was merely thirsty reindeer.

If you are smart you give the musk ox a wide berth. They introduced a 2 herds of maybe 60-70 total, well they have really multiplied, cause even the grizzlies and polar bears can only take the sick or unlucky young.

Brutus Out

My dad carried a .44 Mag Blackhawk when he was flying bush in AK. 15 years later I carried the same gun gold mining and still felt outmanned? out beared?, out clawed???:(

Any way up there on the tundra the brush around the rivers gets thick. You hear rustling you get real quiet and draw...fortunately for me, both times it was merely thirsty reindeer.

If you are smart you give the musk ox a wide berth. They introduced a 2 herds of maybe 60-70 total, well they have really multiplied, cause even the grizzlies and polar bears can only take the sick or unlucky young.

Brutus Out
What do mean wide berth? Teach me

If that bear had killed and eaten him... that bear would have had muscles in its poop! :eek:

IMG_3186.JPG

All right! That's enough!

I'm springing for a .45/70 Guide Gun!!! :confused:
And, I'm keeping it by my bed!!!

By my bed ain't close enough.:eek: If a gun is not in your hands, the bear will beat you, unless you are a quick draw artist. I've been close to black bears plenty of times. When they decide to move, it's at warp factor. Fortunately for me, when the bears have sized me up, which is un-nerving, they decided to go the other way. If they came at me at the same speed, I could never have gotten a gun out of a holster, or a rifle un-slung fast enough. Folks that have their revolver under their coat, or in a back pack, have even less chance. Those folks with the best chance are those that have a buddy near them. One that could shoot the bear before the bear is completely finished with pulling your face off.

The odds of a bear attacking a person are quite remote. So remote, folks don't take it seriously. They smell like a sandwich. They don't keep food from a bears reach. And they think cubs are so cute. When they are in bear country, they think the low chance of an attack is the same as no chance of an attack. Very little chance is another way to say it is possible. When a person sees a bear, anywhere, that's not the time to outguess the bear, wondering if he's gonna come get you. That's the time, and the only time, you're gonna have to get your gun in your hands and ready. I'm guilty of not doing this. Every bear I've seen, I'm in such awe that if the bear had attacked, it would have been too late for me.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I saw that yesterday. Dude is definitely tough. If you read his actual Facebook posting, he mentions that he actually was carrying a gun. And I'm not sure why but he didn't pull it out after the first attack. I suspect he probably wasn't thinking too clearly after just having been attacked by a bear. Glad he made it out alive. Odds of surviving two bear attacks in one day can't be too high.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top