JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If he shot pellets, he probably committed a crime. I'm sure NYC treats firing an airgun similar to discharging a firearm.

Park isn't the place for shooting anything more than nerf. A warning would have sufficed but NY is what it is now, nerf probably would have gotten those snooty females just as irritated. Cops still would have been called.

It said he was shooting it in a park which would be illegal in quite a few places around here. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/53329-bb-pellet-guns-back-yard-ok.html

I don't believe it should necessarily be illegal but I don't make the laws. NYC does tend to suck with their nannyism.

Article:"He remained in custody Wednesday evening, on charges of reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a minor, resisting arrest, and possession of an illegal BB gun."

I would guess the discharge of the BB gun in the park is the 'reckless endangerment', 'endangering the welfare of a minor' is allowing the children to handle the BB launcher, don't know about resisting arrest (nothing in the article to hang this on) and 'possession of an illegal BB gun' is the possesion of the BB launcher.

If taken at face value, the BB gun has to be illegal before 'possession of an illegal BB gun' can be a charge sufficient to hold him in custody.

Article:"He remained in custody Wednesday evening, on charges of reckless endangerment, endangering the welfare of a minor, resisting arrest, and possession of an illegal BB gun."

I would guess the discharge of the BB gun in the park is the 'reckless endangerment', 'endangering the welfare of a minor' is allowing the children to handle the BB launcher, don't know about resisting arrest (nothing in the article to hang this on) and 'possession of an illegal BB gun' is the possesion of the BB launcher.

If taken at face value, the BB gun has to be illegal before 'possession of an illegal BB gun' can be a charge sufficient to hold him in custody.

I had merged together like charges between multiple articles. Reporters really tend to screw up charges on arrests. http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1341053

It wouldn't surprise me if possession of a bb gun in an NYC park was illegal though.

You cannot discharge a bb gun in many cities, even in your own yard out here, let alone a city park. That guy was an idiot.

I dont understand the idiots calling this guy an idiot and saying it was a pellet gun an AIRSOFT GUN IS NOT A PELLET GUN!!! It was a "realistic looking plastic gun" shooting "pellets" except their idea of a pellet was a PLASTIC PELLET.. I am 99 percent sure it was an airsoft. I have seen 3 different news accounts and in one it showed a 2 second clip of someone holding airsoft pellets.

That guy dressed like an attorney when his arrested. I think he is not an idiot, he is setting up for a law suit against the NYC for wrongfully arrested. He will suit the whole NY C for having idiots mayor :) I HOPE MY DREAM COME TRUE!

I can tell you that as far back as 30 years ago one needed a state firearms card to buy a bb gun in Massachusetts. NYC is likely not much different.
LOL, you will put your eye out!

Not up to speed on east coast culture (blissfully so and hope to remain ignorant) but does it ever end? How can they think they are free when thier State regulates everything from acceptable drink size to acceptable childrens toys?

That's rhetorical of course, CA, MA and NY (CAMANY for short) always strike me as different countries.

The assault on toy guns is no joke. Our owners want to mold the youth into seeing guns as evil and scary in every way. To be avoided and feared. That is exactly what is happening in schools across the country.

People laugh this kind of thing off, but it is no laughing matter. When that six year old is sixteen that same thought process will be engrained.

Students Suspended For Nerf Guns After Teacher Gave Permission | The Daily Sheeple

Soon there will be school programs for children to report if their parents have guns and how many.

The assault on toy guns is no joke. Our owners want to mold the youth into seeing guns as evil and scary in every way. To be avoided and feared. That is exactly what is happening in schools across the country.

This is why I think the final blow to the 2nd Amendment will be dealt within the next half century.

Think of what has been taken away in just the last dozen years; all via deception and strategic lies and planning.

Fifty years? No, I don't think so.

I would be very surprised if private gun ownership wasn't banned in half the states within TEN YEARS. Of course Martial Law or 'emergency measures' could make all that happen tomorrow. All it takes is the right false flag.

I kicked some serious arse in grade school and junior high with squirt guns. Had a primo plastic Luger in H.20 caliber as well as a Thompson to hose down the enemy. One of the coolest, smallest and most accurate was a little black pistol that looked like a Buck Rogers era raygun. They were only 29 cents and easily concealable. Favorite plastic gun was a Thompson with a red lensed (IR scope! with crosshairs/circular bull). Also had a big muzzle brake/suppressor and it made a machine gun sound when you pulled the trigger, after racking the bolt back. Perfect for gunning Gerries, killin Kommies, chillin Victor Charlie and whatever baddies we thought needed greasin...
Now politically incorrect to the vocal minority. Sure they confiscated my squirt guns sometimes but I always did odd jobs or my allowance kept feeding the arms race. :s0155:

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads