JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think anyone can actually predict a date for a quake, but the recent and devastating Indonesian and Japanese quakes surely should be noted

As always if you live on near the ring of fire your going to have earthquakes...maybe not today or tomorrow but one day...BAM the big one..wait 500 years..BAM another big one... It's just like living in the desert it maybe hot and dry most days but eventually it will rain...maybe not allot but one day it will pour.

Well if it is on Fox it MUST be true..... The fact that we are overdue for a massive quake on the West Coast is not news. The geologist speaking has been pretty amazing in his predictions, and whether it is luck or skill is up for debate. I think the adjustments around the plate are something to watch and they are correct in that there is only one region still hanging up. If the Cascadia Subduction Zone lets go all the prep in the world won't be of much use for anyone on the coast or in the Puget Sound area. Fingers crossed.

Figuring the tectonic plates moving around so much over there means they are stressing others, and knowing we are in a seismic region I called to see what coverage I have for earthquake-none.

She said it normally doubles annual rates, for structure and contents. :O

I asked her for a quote on structure.

Whats next is the sky falling too I'm sure someone on U-Tube thinks so.

Not sure I get the connection between Berkland and U-Tube/falling sky? Berkland is a geologist who has studied earthquakes for many years, and has theories/ideas relating to periods of time for significantly increased chances of quakes in specific areas. I'm glad we have people who think outside the box; they are responsible for just about every significant society-changing idea/invention that comes along.

well, I live in the Cascadia subduction zone, within 100 miles of four large volcanoes. I don't poo-poo any geologist that says an earthquake is coming. of course they are. It's not a matter of if, but when. Anyone who lives here knows that. The key is that I try to be ready. I have enough livestock and small critters that I can feed myself and family for a while when the roads crap out...it might not happen in my life time, but it WILL happen.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top