JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take your mags to a local engraver and get them engraved with either a SN you create (maybe match it to their respective firearms and add another number at the end if you have multiple mags for it) or a symbol of your choice. Get a receipt that has date and description of work done.
Keep a copy of the receipt with the gun/mags and another in your safe. Kind of like NFA items.
That would be a lot of engraving for me. I think I'll just take my chances. Many of my HK magazines are date stamped or date coded, but even then, who is to say I didn't purchase a surplus G3 magazine out of state post ban?

The only thing BM 114 is going to be effective at is stopping retail and online sales in-state. Anything beyond that is LEVO's and Knutsen's wet dream and unenforceable.

-E-

However, the measure specifically states that possession of the magazine outside the exemptions is a criminal offense and requires an affirmative defense. Affirmative defense means you have to prove that what you did is legal.
I hear you. The problem is the internet will tell you whatever you want to hear. If your defense is that you've had them, the burden of proof is back on the prosecution to prove that you acquired them illegally. It just doesn't seem worth it to be a trendsetter and going hog-wild, photos, engraving, and notarization when there's no way to prove you acquired non-serialized items after some arbitrary point in time to begin with.

That would be a lot of engraving for me. I think I'll just take my chances. Many of my HK magazines are date stamped or date coded, but even then, who is to say I didn't purchase a surplus G3 magazine out of state post ban?

The only thing BM 114 is going to be effective at is stopping retail and online sales in-state. Anything beyond that is LEVO's and Knutsen's wet dream and unenforceable.

-E-
I agree. I am slowing getting all of mine engraved with a symbol to ID they are logged into my trust. A couple will be engraved to add paint for their respective calibers (AR14 in 7.62x39, and a BCA 12.7x42). But, I will take pictures of each firearm with its respective magazines. Need that for insurance anyways.

its a bunch of crap, honestly if they wanna claim I got any of my mags after ban effect they will need to prove the claim not me. the burden of proof is on the one who makes said claim...
So you didn't read the part of 114 that states that it requires a positive defense ? That means the burden of proof is on you. Ahh..you beat me to it Heretic.

Taking photos might help if the digital file contains EXIF data. Not that a lot of photo editing software removes the EXIF data.

A dated newspaper is useless, as mentioned, that photo can be taken at any time - newspaper photos only prove existence of something after the date on the newspaper, not before. Did a LEO really suggest this? :eek: Got some real genius LEOs out there - sheesh! :rolleyes:

Marking a mag can also be done at any time and proves nothing - only mags marked with manufacture date by the manufacturer would be useful as far as that goes.

Receipts or something similar would be useful - a lot of my mags will have receipts as I bought them online.

Personally, the whole proving they existed before the law went into effect is mostly a waste of time. I am not going to worry about it.

How many people have been arrested in WA state for having mags of "high capacity"?

OK, here we go. I have those mags today. There...today's date...now there's proof for ya. ;)

How do I change the metadata date on a photo?

1) Open the image inside the Exif Metadata app. 2) Tap Edit. 3) Tap Date to add or edit the image date. 4) Do the same by tapping Time.Jul 12, 2022

Google

Quora

Can someone be framed for a crime that was reliant on a photo's EXIF data, considering EXIF data can be modified or altered on a computer?

humb-346816674-50-jtporozuezjuzrfhikluajhfzdtsyhks.jpg
Sean McKiernan
Engineer, photographer, race enthusiast, watch guy.Author has 13.9K answers and 6.8M answer views1y

You can't, unless the image has some kind of info in it that shows a discrepancy (e.g. the image is of a large lit display in Times Square that is displaying a date and time, and the EXIF data doesn't reflect this).
Keep in mind that the EXIF data for date and time will be wrong if the date and time set in the camera is also wrong. Heck, the display on the sign can be inaccurate.
Any of the parameters in the metadata can be altered and saved.
In short, there is no possible secure way to prove the validity of metadata of any file if the user controls the system creating the file.

Last Edited:
OK then, taking the above into consideration, consider this. Since an image could only be of value as supporting evidence, not proof, what does that leave us with ?

The testimony / statement of an unimpeachable third party witness. This would be someone who has no personal stake in the matter, but would be capable of identifying said property.

Now lets see, who would qualify for that ? Hum....:s0153:

"Sir your photo evidence is also the first picture in Google search when you search magazine date code!"

Me, "My picture is on Google?"

I'm not documenting sh!t. Democrats prefer the undocumented anyway…. It works in my favor.

Reasonable suspicion
Probable Cause
Warrant
(If you don't have all 3 then you can pound sand and kick rocks)

Don't be an idiot/complacent/lazy and you will be just fine.

I have the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment.

Documentation will be used against you. I can promise you that.

Here is my confusion with everything. aside from recipes people buy bulk mags that do not come with any paperwork. I just pray to god this get struck down in the courts I do not have time for those non sense of serializing all my mags for something that was legal when I bought it. Sounds like you can't use the mags really anywhere. Except private land can anybody correct me if I'm wrong? JC work your magic.

Maybe if you just take your pictures and email them to the government on or before Dec. 8th? Then they will know you already had them.

Me? Uh, imma take a different route. (Maybe the route to Idaho or South Dakota or...) ;)

For all the distrust I hear in regards to the government/liberals some of y'all sure are trusting them to believe a photo/receipt and not hold it over your head.

Documenting, photographing, serializing, all just paints you into a corner when they next decide to outright ban and confiscate what you have. You will have provided them all the proof they need about what you have for them to take.

They can eat my bag.

Documenting, photographing, serializing, all just paints you into a corner when they next decide to outright ban and confiscate what you have. You will have provided them all the proof they need about what you have for them to take.

They can eat my bag.
You would only need that proof in the event you are arrested for having illegal magazines. I wouldn't show my proof to anyone unless my criminal defense attorney told me to do so.

Don't worry, if people use their smartphones to take all the photos and have auto back-up to online cloud storage, all those images will be saved forever somewhere. For some, could be good or bad depending on the circumstances.

Don't worry, if people use their smartphones to take all the photos and have auto back-up to online cloud storage, all those images will be saved forever somewhere. For some, could be good or bad depending on the circumstances.
Look at Hunter Biden. Everything will be ok right?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top