JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So if I'm blessed with a purchase permit, what are it's limits in regards to number of purchases and and expiration date? Will I have to renew after every purchase, or annually? Currently I have a BGC @ purchase, a BGC for my CHL and now a BGC for a permit and I just learned I'll have to stand on my head and hold my breath while in que

I can't wait til there's 30-40k people getting the PTP and having to wait days/weeks on top of the 30 days they can take to get it to you only to end up causing another 30-40k to do another immediate BGC when they go and buy a gun that takes another long set of days/weeks if you don't instantly clear.

2 factor authentication was a 500 IQ design feature for extra safety.

does that mean a BGC isn't required when purchasing for the next five years? That could save some money
You'll still have to go through a background check every time you purchase. The permit is just your permission slip to get into the queue.

That begs the question, Why is the Background check not a permit to purchase?
Because the criminal background check is only 1 element of the permit to purchase. The permit to purchase also imposes the training requirement as well as the local law enforcement investigation.

That begs the question, Why is the Background check not a permit to purchase?
Background check is still a federal deal. State can have different laws and regulations but still have to minimum follow federal laws. So the permit will be State law and BGC is federal so we have to do both.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top