JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they have a ouija dog around, they can fabricate the probable cause when they want.
Not exactly. But you can believe that if you like.

Again. Study case law and know your rights.

Last Edited:
Possession of 10+ mags is not illegal.
Nowhere in this 114 mess says that.
I repeat - Possession of 10+mags is NOT illegal nor a crime.

There are 3 instances that are crimes - that involve 10+ mags...

Transfer of said mags - into the state and/or to another person.
Use on public property.
Improperly stored mags when traveling to and from private properties.

Please show me something different and I'll shut up. :cool:
Section 11, Subsection (2):
Notwithstanding ORS 166.250 to 166.470, and except as expressly provided in subsections (3) to (5) of this section, a person commits the crime of unlawful manufacture, importation, possession, use, purchase, sale or otherwise transferring of large-capacity magazines if the person manufactures, imports, possesses, uses, purchases, sells or otherwise transfers any large-capacity magazine in Oregon on or after the effective date of this 2022 Act.

Section 11, Subsection (2):
Notwithstanding ORS 166.250 to 166.470, and except as expressly provided in subsections (3) to (5) of this section, a person commits the crime of unlawful manufacture, importation, possession, use, purchase, sale or otherwise transferring of large-capacity magazines if the person manufactures, imports, possesses, uses, purchases, sells or otherwise transfers any large-capacity magazine in Oregon on or after the effective date of this 2022 Act.
Dead relatives aren't legally allowed to leave you outlawed contraband when they die, either...

oh... Wait.

Good thing any mags, firearms, suppressors, machine guns, AOWs, and SBRs I own belong to a trust.
It was a joke... this bs actually says mags can't be possessed...?
But in the next breath says dead relatives can leave you [illegally] possessed magazines - legally...???
And some people aren't even batting an eye at any of it.

The statement he made is complete and utter BS, no need to wait for answers to your questions because there are none.
I felt that way myself but thought I'd give him a chance to prove his story. I saw the same panicky overreaction back when California enacted its magazine bans. And to a lesser extent when WA enacted its ban this past summer. Everybody knew of a guy who had heard from somebody else that a guy somewhere got busted for having magazines. If that actually happened it was inevitably either drugs, DUI or a felon with a gun bust where some magazines were found.
My favorite was the one about how the California DOJ was staking out the big Reno gun show back in 2001 and were following guys who came in with California plates and when the DOJ guys saw him buying stacks of magazines, they took his plates and had him stopped at the border I could see it happening, I suppose because DOJ was in fact staking out fireworks stores in Pahrump NV before the 4th every year and some poor dopes would get busted at the Ag check station well inside California. This I can attest was on the TV news and they talked about how many pounds of fireworks were stopped like a big drug bust . But the Reno gun show was immense. Its one thing to sit in a car across the street from a fireworks store that gets a few cars per hour vs. tracking cars in a massive parking lot in a major tourism town. They may have caught someone buying pallets of magazines and hauling it straight to his truck with CA plates. But where was the news of any busts? Never saw a thing. My Google-Fu may not be the best but I could never find a thing about "Big magazine bust at the border" like I could with fireworks.
The NRA Annual meeting was in Reno in 2002. I went and discovered the local gun shops wouldn't sell mags to CA. Seems they were being threatened with lawsuits if they got caught selling mags to Californian. They'd ask for ID and as soon they saw CA it was "Sorry!"
About the 4th gun shop I pulled out a hundred dollar bill instead of my ID to which the clerk said "How can I help you Mr. Franklin? At the California Ag station stop, the guy barely took the finger out of his nose to wave me through.
That's when I reached the conclusion that the law was more for show than anything else and all but unenforceable. Once I had that epiphany, I never gave mag bans a second thought. When Judge Benitez gave the Freedom Week, he effectively legalized every magazine anyone had ever snuck into California from 2001 to 2019.
I believe these magazine bans will all get tossed
AND... Much as Olympia, Salem and Sacramento would wish it otherwise. We are NOT a police state so once again I'll say:
Relax
Live your life
Don't be stupid

Last Edited:
How does a dog sniff for different quantities now that user amounts of meth, heroin, cocaine, weed are "legal" in Oregon?

Seems to me PC based on a K9 sniff went out the window with 110.
Not only that but they have to get your permission to search with a dog if they have no probable cause outside of the minor traffic stop.

Now if they see your crack pipe sitting on the passenger seat in plain view then your f-cked. But if they pulled you over for a minor traffic stop and nothing in the vehicle indicates illegal activity then they have to get your permission to search your vehicle either by person or by dog. All you have to do is decline and say WARRANT. But like I said previously…. if you are polite and give no bread crumbs then you have nothing to stress about.

This narrative that cops are gunna be on the search for "high capacity mags" and are going to be searching everyone is just as legitimate of an argument as the cops the gear up every day with the intent to go kill unarmed black men. It's simply not true. I can almost promise you magazines are the last thing cops care about in the current social climate.

We don't live in a police state. At least not yet.

When? Why was he pulled over in the first place? Got a link to this story?
I don't remember as it was 7ish years ago or so. And finding the story is looking impossible as all that comes up is recent cases of people arrested for flying into ny or ct. it got big outcry back then because he was obeying the law and trying to take the magazines out of the state. Around same time a news door took mag to dc and was not charged. It was either ny or ct

I don't remember as it was 7ish years ago or so. And finding the story is looking impossible as all that comes up is recent cases of people arrested for flying into ny or ct. it got big outcry back then because he was obeying the law and trying to take the magazines out of the state. Around same time a news door took mag to dc and was not charged. It was either ny or ct
Ok then, so how about NOT spreading fake news? Really, it does nothing but cause confusion and hurt our cause.

Ok then, so how about NOT spreading fake news? Really, it does nothing but cause confusion and hurt our cause.
Not fake new just Google isn't showing anything past 2018. This happen in around 2013.
Luckily this is america and I don't have to prove myself to anyone but judge and jury. I'll try to dig more into this when I can be in a pc that allows searches to be limited to certain years.
Funny though you allow people to spread that "this law doesn't ban high capacity mags at all people you can just go on like this law never passed"
This will be my last reply to you unless you speak to me in official capacity as I can't ignore you.

Not fake new just Google isn't showing anything past 2018. This happen in around 2013.
Luckily this is america and I don't have to prove myself to anyone but judge and jury. I'll try to dig more into this when I can be in a pc that allows searches to be limited to certain years.
Nah, don't waste your time.

You posting here that having a CHL causes LE to conduct more searches based on probable cause is completely false. There are no stories in the news, around here or at my gun range of anyone having a problem based on them being a CHL holder. It doesn't happen with enough regularity or commonly enough to even be an issue. You stating that is does is spreading fake rumors. The last thing we need here at NWFA is more misinformation.

It's not your computer or Google. And one story from 2013 doesn't make it common or even an issue worth trying to exploit.

.This narrative that cops are gunna be on the search for "high capacity mags" and are going to be searching everyone is just as legitimate of an argument as the cops the gear up every day with the intent to go kill unarmed black men. It's simply not true. I can almost promise you magazines are the last thing cops care about in the current social climate.

We don't live in a police state. At least not yet.
👍🏻

Be careful, we'll have members packing their mags in coffee grounds. :D
No. No. No. those members probably have already sold their mags due to fear and are now carrying revolvers…..

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads